Author Topic: 2nd plot  (Read 1251 times)

james_Harvey

• Not So New ...
2nd plot
« on: November 28, 2010, 16:12:32 »
After getting my 1st plot june last year, we got another half plot in april  this year.

After a great harvest we found the half plot hard work only because it was a long walk awayh from our main plot and we needed more space to grow everyrhing we wanted,

We had our eye on the plot above our main plot and we knew the guy was going to give it up. We enquired wether we would be able to swap our 1/2 plot for his full size one.

The council agreed and we were looking forward to getting his plot as he had some really good fruit bushes that he was leaving.

Image my horror when i turned up a couple of weeks ago to find a stranger on the plot with rotavator and spades and he procedided to dig and rotivate everything.

I enquired back to the council and they admitted a mistake in not asking me when it became free.

However the plot below mine became free and i got in quick, we cleared our last plot last week and went down to start work today.

I started to barrow the manure onto the plot when the person who delivers manure to the allotment turned up with a trailer full of manure, he kindly agreed to deliver it next to my plot thus saving me half a days work, it only took half hour to unload, I have now covered my original full plot and have some new piles on the new plot.

Is there anything i can plant on it now? my wife wants to plant gooseberry bushes, can these go in now?

My original plot has garlic, onions and parsnips and brussels on it. but we have never grown fruit so any help greatly appreciated.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: 2nd plot
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 16:23:03 »
It is very cold here the frost goes several inches into the soil,   It might be a bit of a challenge planting fruit bushes at the moment. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal