Author Topic: Early Snow  (Read 8030 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Early Snow
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 17:28:43 »
Sorry, david, matt's got chickenpox, emergency babysitting  :-\
will look next week  :)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 19:57:09 »
That thread was well and truly hi jacked, wasn't it.   

I know all talk of snow is boring but I will wait and see what you all have to say when you get your area dumped with the white stuff  then you wont be able to go to your Farmer's Market.   

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 23:32:32 »

I thought that too, Carol.

We had snow for two hours this evening but it is melting on our paths.  At least we don't have to go out as I stocked up on groceries yesterday.   ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 08:14:49 »
Sorry for my bit of high jacking ladiies :). Had a small flurry here in Cheshire.

pumkinlover

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 09:08:23 »

I know all talk of snow is boring but I will wait and see what you all have to say when you get your area dumped with the white stuff  then you wont be able to go to your Farmer's Market.   

Sorry if I have transgressed! it was not deliberate, still really a newbie :-[

Lots of snow here too!!!
Any way just off to the shhhh. farmers market.

If you never hear from me again I will be lost in a snow drift? please come and help dig me out ;D ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 09:38:51 »
They are having a laugh! snow forecast for the Isle of Wight? I had better drag the Yeti in pink knickers out of her sleeping pit and send her out to stock up on supplys.

She will head for the farmers market as well and get my favourite treat RISSOLES!  all the sweepings from the shop rolled into one. Lovely.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 09:45:07 »
We have about half an inch here...  ;D
Don't worry I hi-jack threads all the time..  :-[

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:26 »
Ohhhh..Christmas came early..good 6 inches on ground ;D Came early hours in the morning and all within 3 hrs :o
Yesterday I did all pressie shopping and now snow..I feel more festive than I probably feel at the day ::) Maybe I should warm up that mulled wine and get on with the season and greetings ;D November 27, 2010, 09:43:32 is not too early is it ;D?

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 09:57:16 »
No snow here yet (Manchester). It was forecast for tonight, but now just midweek. Will wait and see! I like the snow, but not when I have to go to work!! I work in Bury and most of the kids bus in from the surrounding areas and it causes havoc. Last year it was a nightmare with buses not running etc and most of our kids are on A level courses with Jan exams so missing classes is not good! The travel wasn't too bad for me as it is mainly motorway (except one day when the motorway was closed!), but not good for many of the other staff and kids who live in the surrounding villages.

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 10:15:09 »
Woke up to around 4" or 5" of snow this morning..first of winter.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 10:50:38 »
Cold and Frosty this morning but no snow, I was the only one in our road with the savvy to stick a blanket on my windscreen, so I been to Tesco's and back while the rest are still scrapping theirs, I bought myself 5 bags of cheap salt for my front, sorry to digress.  :-\      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

I love digging

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 11:07:53 »
Started snowing here yesterday afternoon - about an inch - but it's now all well and truly frozen.  It's soooooooo cold!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2010, 12:17:28 »
It's bleedin' cold here, -4 when I got up this morning (which I know is probably like the caribbean to those in Scotland, LOLOL) but as yet, no snow! For those with north pole temperatures and consistent snowfall, I appreciate how the novelty wears off very quickly but for a soft southerner like me; I LOVE the snow.  I'm sure I said words to the same effect this time last year, such is the bore that I am!! We've got a light sprinkling forecast for Wednesday - the first of December, how lovely :D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 19:56:44 »
Well I couldn't get to any shops today,  snow was non stop from 10 last night and over a foot has fallen.  It reaches the top of my wellys.   

I am tired out with feeding the birds.  and  it is still snowing....

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 20:13:19 »
Cold and Frosty this morning but no snow, I was the only one in our road with the savvy to stick a blanket on my windscreen, so I been to Tesco's and back while the rest are still scrapping theirs, I bought myself 5 bags of cheap salt for my front, sorry to digress.  :-\      ;D ;D ;D

ice and  salt - save some of it for a few Margaritas  ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 23:00:36 »

I think hi-jacked was an over reaction.  To hi-jack something evokes a violent act, ie airoplane, etc.

Personally I think I may have gone off at a bit of a tangent.  Nothing violent or untoward.

Anyway, to get back to your original thread, yes we got about 5" of the ruddy white stuff Friday night, so we considered it unsafe to go on our monthly trip.  Very unhappy.

valmarg

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 23:13:03 »
Woke up to a sprinkle or so of snow this morning..........it has quickly turned to ice so like walking on as skating rink...so cold burns ya lips   :(

We have the Farmers Market on the third Thursday or something like that..as such I always miss it   ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2010, 07:41:16 »
Typical! scare mongering by the met office, I bet loads of people stocked up for the duration and not a drop falls here, I bet Tesco told them to predict heavy snow here to cause a bread shortage. ;)

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2010, 07:53:16 »
None here either in sunny Portsmouth. It's quite a rare occurence here although we did get the white stuff last year. 

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2010, 08:13:55 »
Not a flake here so far - just cold and frosty.

( ;D ;D ;D at the thought of our Kev putting salt on his front!!!)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal