Author Topic: A PENSIONER LEAVES £80,000 ON CAR ROOF AND DRIVES OFF!!!  (Read 1653 times)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

TividaleJo

• Quarter Acre
Re: A PENSIONER LEAVES £80,000 ON CAR ROOF AND DRIVES OFF!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 19:51:24 »
the sort of thing you would forget! anyone else puts a coffee on the top of a car!
Joanne

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 21:29:36 »
I have left a cup of coffee on top of the van when i came out of the paint merchants just forgot when i was loading stuff in ::) The last time i had one of my moments i left three leeks on top of the van ::) ::)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 21:50:20 »
The worst I did was taking my disabled sister shopping, having got her into her wheelchair, and was wheeling her into town, realised that I had left my purse on the roof of the car.  Briefly abandoned sister and dashed back to car.  Much to my relief purse was still on roof.  He who steals my purse usually steals trash (ie there's not usually much in it). But it was a nasty moment.

£80,000, phew I'd never even contemplate carrying that sort of cash about.  If I had to it would be strapped to my body so that there would be no danger of me leaving it 'on the roof of my car'.

I'm not very happy with the banks at the moment, but my distrust is not that great.  £80,000 woouldn't be making an enormous amount of interest these days, but it would be a better rate than stuffing for  the mattress.

I should have to say, I think the story is a bit of a con insofar as 'why would you be carrying £80,000 in cash about'.  Doesn't make sense.

valmarg

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 18:57:28 »
Leaving it in a car is a risk in itself. If I had that much cash on me it would probably be stuffed down my underpants!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal