Author Topic: Try Something New  (Read 2018 times)

zigzig

• Acre
Try Something New
« on: November 25, 2010, 14:31:48 »
Picked up a little book for free (favourite price) at Sainsbodies today and it has some good ideas in it.

Look out for a free copy if you go in.

Love the pastry cases shaped as spoons on page 18 and wonder if any one has made them, think I will try to make some. The would look so good as part of a buffet. Is it a short crust pastry do you think? Not buying them.

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: Try Something New
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 22:15:05 »
The cookery magazines are starting to give sooo many Christmassy recipes.

The book you recommend sounds good.  Shall look out for it.

valmarg

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 10:38:29 »
There's a retail and wholesale patisserie doings shop near here that sells pastry cases by the hundred in all sorts of shapes for silly money and far better than anything I could make.  Depending on form and intended filling they come in shortcrust or puff pastry.  Spoons would be shortcrust.

They also have chocolate shells and all sorts of wonderful goodies for parties and feasts.  Dangerous place really.
Obxx - Vendée France

qahtan

• Hectare
  • Niagara Peninsula, ontario,,, canada.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 21:38:17 »
in Belgium,,,, I  wouldn't mind a look in there.  :)  sounds interesting  qahtan

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 14:24:26 »
Unfortunately they don't have a website.  It's where I go for dried fruits, nuts and seeds for cake making as they're so expensive here in supermarkets, being novelty items for most Belgians. 
Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal