Author Topic: found letters in attic  (Read 1246 times)

darren2007

• Quarter Acre
found letters in attic
« on: November 16, 2010, 21:51:06 »
today i went into my attic and started looking around and came upon a lot of letter dating from 1950-1960 but one of them was in german so just spent about 2 hours translating it on computer and these my findings letter dated 20 feb 1951

my friend heinz
quite cordial think for your dear letter from the 8.2.welchenich with large joy received special owing to for your congratulations on the birth of mine and/or our master owner I can well imagine that you this fact nevertheless somewhat surprised had we ourselves nevertheless mnicht forwards ends this month or even at the beginning of March dammit however counted de see you stop that one if as the last time happens nearly everyone meet on it count must like you me write mean in such a way you thus I haette you directly somewhat well leave nervously made you times no grey sheds over it will grow it already also with you everything well if the baby is evenly finished to will come gives there it none to hold more and one must everything its natural course go leave as you continue to write in such a way have thr you already a buggy order I are also strained which with ours I white not whether I you already wrote that I one into Germany ordered until today have I however still nothing of it heard today a telegram sent around the thing times something to accelerate hopefully strike it now then

my dear Heinz will become if you now soon father, then you will not only times see how much to joy as a small thing bring I believe it give anything more beautiful ala as such a small baby. sometimes they are probably somewhat trouble, but this is hardly worth mentioning our small Heinz will num on Friday already again four weeks old and I can say it makes already completely beautiful progressed one sees the change nearly each day. as it arrived was it only a small thing of 5 lb and after newest weighing was today tomorrow it geneu 6 lb
you ask now which I to make in such a way intend if b.d here suffliegt. dear Heinz honestly said white I also not as quite as it now looks in such a way takes we to the fact that it nevertheless still some months will last however one can never know I has previous week only times two requests one was sent more fuer a building firm and the other one was more fuer one to mature factory ala office assistant I has however not much hope thereby in norwich is here it really badly thereby east all ours buddy those married here except niesgods is unemployed I believes that it in middlesbrough above is better thereby ordered already and it will not constitute me you anything there to pull if evenly housingasked not waere evelyn and me is it equal where we is as long as evenly work and dwelling are present

you are thus surprised to hearing ASS rudi srb still in norwich are this are a completely thick dog like de know wanted he home to drive he had look for already its things all in such a way sent and were already in horsham some meet before Christmas kem he then however and said yourself that or decided to remain here and to marry he is now thus searches happy married husband as much I white is he z.zt. still unemployed its ADDR-eats cannot I you unfortunately write there I not white more woer itself rum-pressed
now I must communicate to you also still another another thick dog that you would not wasscheinlich also have thought already know you the fact that Hans teitscheid am also married it have its old madame married was it briefly before it to horsham went which says one to it completely thick dog not resistance than I it hoerte was I also speechless well everyone must know which it does thus my dear Heinz I believes for today should it times enough be lets soon again from you hoeren in hope the fact that with you still all o.k. is transmitter you as well as your lisben wife all all this greets
ps.

quite herzl greet from herbert weaver that you always times to write wanted however where nevertheless nothing from it became
yours brother  heinz

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 21:57:01 by darren2007 »

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Re: found letters in attic
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 06:51:51 »
Quite an ENIGMA that.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 07:18:08 »
Oh dear!
is that Google translating?

If you can pm me a copy I'll sort it for you.

e.g. it should start: very warm thanks for your lovely letter of 8/2 which .......

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 07:20:34 »
I thought it had lost something in translation!  ::)

darren2007

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 11:27:12 »
i use yahoo translation

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 11:33:11 »
I don't matter which online translating system you use the result is always something suprising ::) So many times I've tried to translate some seed descriptions..and there have been more than just naughty things come up :o :-X
Lost in translations indeed ;D

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 12:37:46 »
It's because the sentences aren't constructed in the same way as in English.

I have to listen to German being spoken all the time as my son loves speaking German and wasn't able to continue with German for A level as the school didn't run the course for economic reasons.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 12:53:47 »
You "thick dog"!  that was fun to read.

It sounds like all was about a baby and marriages, not the usual stuff men write, at least not the men I know.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal