Author Topic: Will you be buying a hat ?  (Read 8043 times)

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
Re: Will you be buying a hat ?
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2010, 22:54:42 »
I think you will find that Bank Holidays are mandatory,  and are not part of your annual holiday entitlement.  If your company is doing otherwise, I think it is acting illegally.

If you look at the link I copied earlier, http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Timeoffandholidays/DG_10029788  it says that Bank and Public holidays can form part of the entitlement... What I query though is her 17 days total.  If she is part time, then this may be correct, but if she is full time then she is entitled to 28 days (inc bank/public hols)...

I have to admit, having worked for someone who gave sensible and generous hol's, I'd find the minimum hard now...

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2010, 23:01:38 »
Don't worry Valmarg I have plenty in stock for everyone (ironic thing is although my kids say "Watch out Mum is on the brandy" I sometimes don't have a drink for months but when we have company or I go to the kids for an evening I am inclined to hit the bottle lol)

bin there, done that. ;D ;D

I'm getting really fed up with the press saying that we responsible oldies should have to pay more because Mr Bliar thought it would be a good idea to have 24 hour alcohol availability.  Whilst I and OH enjoy a glass or two, or three in the comfort of our own house, why should we be penalised by the drunken bums that terrorise the town centres?

valmarg

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2010, 08:58:36 »
I'll see you at the stag do Ace.    ;)       

I bet the lad will feel a bit strange if we end up in a lap dancing club. He will have to slip pictures of his grandma into the girls bras and thongs ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2010, 12:21:45 »
Was it Russell Howard who used that line on the TV last week or someone on Buzzc0cks or elsewhere...  :-\

pumkinlover

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2010, 14:09:06 »
They must get their scripts from Ace then :D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2010, 08:10:50 »
Apparently the police presence is so high as they are expecting a few nutters to attend the wedding. Guess who came into my mind ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2010, 09:33:33 »
Apparently the police presence is so high as they are expecting a few nutters to attend the wedding. Guess who came into my mind ;D

I resemble that remark ;D

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2010, 11:17:36 »
according to yesterday's Express, the wedding's going to cost £32 million

according to yesterday's Telegraph, it's going to cost £5 billion  :o I think they've found out that Prince Charles has got Duchy Originals to do the catering  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal