Author Topic: Will you be buying a hat ?  (Read 8044 times)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Re: Will you be buying a hat ?
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 11:20:41 »
He could of bought a new ring the tight git

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 12:45:49 »
17 pages in the telegraph!

my only worry is that prince harry is organising the stag do.

according to one of the telegraphs 17 pages  ??? "the queen won't mind if he ends up unconscious on the floor in a lap dance club"

but I suppose even she would draw the line if he ended up unconscious on the floor in a lapdancer........

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 12:49:45 »
If I were her I wouldn't want that ring...bad luck.

Actually if I were her i wouldn't want to be part of that family!

Must raise the IQ substantially.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 13:36:16 »
I'm not sure they're all short on IQ.  After all, it takes a certain amount of intelligence to be an air/sea rescue pilot.  However I do think they haven't a clue about the practicalities, pleasures, worries and concerns that fill the daily lives of we normal, ordinary mortals who have to work for what we have.  

They could do with a good dose of new blood and family stability and I wish these two well for a long and happy life together, just as I would any other new couple making a commitment to each other.

I hope they can espouse some good causes too and contribute to the nation's well being on a permanent basis rather than just a figurative one.

PS - Nothing wrong with the ring.  Diana just had the misfortune to be given it by a man who wasn't up to the job of loving her.   I thought she was as a lamb to the slaughter then but she proved to be a lot cleverer and more capable than anyone expected of an apparent airhead ingenue.  Let's hope Kate does half as well.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 13:39:24 by Obbelix »
Obxx - Vendée France

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 17:02:28 »
Well said, Obbelix!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 20:00:39 »
I think it's nice :)  I'm not a royalist nor an anti royalist but I love what a royal wedding brings out in the UK.  For every person who moans about the cost, the recession, how boring it is and how the royals mean nothing these days, there will be ten more lining the streets of London come next year's wedding day.  I'm looking forward to all of the hoo-ha, the flag waving, union jack t-shirt wearing, ridiculously overcrowded streets with our patriotic public and last of all - a big old no expense spared, huge white dress and feathery hats wedding!!

I've done London on new year's eve 1999 and 2009 - there's no way I'm going to attempt a royal wedding, LOL ;D

Good luck to them, may they have the wedding they want :)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 22:59:31 »
As Labour were the past masters at trying to "bury bad news" I can assure you I'm no fan of that political party Valmarg
 :-X

Well, I'm very sorry, but your comment did tend to beg the response.

Personally, I wish the couple very good health and loads of happiness.

It really is good to have a bit of 'happy' news in these dire times.

valmarg

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 07:40:00 »
The only new hat I shall be buying is one with a broad brim to keep me cool in the summer months. I dont care about the royals they are there and thats it, As to the wedding I see in the papers today that it will be a very low budget one costing just only £50,000000.00. Yep fifty million pounds not too bad considering the country is broke. 

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 09:11:16 »
We are so lucky in this country to be able to speak of our own beliefs. It maybe on politics, religion, royalist or anti royalist. Yes I am a royalist and I wish the couple every happiness. The wedding will no doubt cost a fortune but lets not forget the good points. A real boost to tourism. Yesterday there was news (on TV) that already a factory was in full production of memorabilia which will secure the jobs of the employees.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Royal Wedding Plc
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:56 »
I think that the royal wedding should be put on a sound financial footing. 

A few friends and family can have an invite and the rest of the abbey/cathedral can be filled with people who have bought seat or bought a ticket in a lottery.  Places at the best vantage points can also be sold.   A percentage put on all royal wedding merchandise, additional prices of hotel rooms.  Etc Etc. 

The profit can then go to good causes.

nuthatch

• Not So New ...
    • Hoe Hoe Hoe
Re: Royal Wedding Plc
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 11:41:45 »
Just leave it be and enjoy it. It will generate enough revenue.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 11:43:13 »
Typical the government say they are going to sort out the benefits scroungers, and then would you believe it the family who claim the most benefits in the UK are excepting us lot to pay for there grandsons bloody wedding. >:(

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Re: Royal Wedding Plc
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 11:45:06 »
Typical the government say they are going to sort out the benefits scroungers, and then would you believe it the family who claim the most benefits in the UK are excepting us lot to pay for there grandsons bloody wedding >:(

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 12:18:33 »
best wishes and all that, as for any couple, but the omens really aren't good. funny how the most successful royal marriage seems to be Prince Edward's, and he's gay.

and there's the minor point that quite a lot of sensible people, and Daily Express readers, still think the Royal family murdered his mother.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 17:32:42 »
Sorry Frogs, got yourself a double post where I merged the topics ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 19:04:52 »
I do hate having threads merged.  It is one of the nice things about this forum that is usually does not happen.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 21:06:38 »
Well said Obbelix, being a royalist myself  I think its going to be a great occasion, and I can see a few on here being dragged off to the bloody tower and rightly so,  :P  you can tell its getting cold wet and dreary and peeps have nothing better to do then slag off everything in the news. well I'll leave it at that I don't want to be deleted again, still no explanation or opology for that by the way.     :-X :-X :-X      :-*
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 04:31:00 »
Well said Obbelix, being a royalist myself  I think its going to be a great occasion, and I can see a few on here being dragged off to the bloody tower and rightly so,  :P  you can tell its getting cold wet and dreary and peeps have nothing better to do then slag off everything in the news. well I'll leave it at that I don't want to be deleted again, still no explanation or opology for that by the way.     :-X :-X :-X      :-*

About time  the management set aside a section for us Kev. I bet these whingers are the very same people that rush out of the flicks at the end of the evening and get the best seats on the bus instead of standing for the national anthem.

They mocked me for standing up for the couple, You wait till Phil the Greek gets wind of them, he will sort them out. Even the old girl is out earning a few bob to help them along

They should also have a bit of respect for old Wingnut, I know his language might not be as ripe as ours when we talk to our plants, but Charlie boy does try with his gardening

By the way Kev, I didn't know you had an 'ology' did you get it for loyal service to the crown or was it freebie with the matiz.

Busby

• Half Acre
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 06:30:56 »
What? !!
I haven't lived in England since 1966, therefore I haven't been to the cinema since then - but I can't believe that it's still expected that at the end the serfs stand to the national anthem...

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 13:58:24 »
For goodness sake lets have a bumper wedding & enjoy it. They seem a nice couple .
Just get over the whinging, & look forward to a lovely day.   Good luck to them .      Have the wedding they would like we shall be watching with interest.    I absolutely love the royal family.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal