Author Topic: Vases  (Read 1531 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Vases
« on: November 13, 2010, 16:39:19 »
Anyone got any old chinese vases they want to sell me???  Just off the search the loft.  ;D ;D ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: Vases
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 16:52:09 »
 ;D ;D Just think of all the Capital Gains tax that will need to be paid.  Might wipe a bit of the shine off the gingerbread, but I think I could happily manage on the net result. ::)

valmarg

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 17:06:02 »
A bit odd, wonder who it belonged to, if it was stolen.  Thought with that amount of money they would try and trace its origin.  I have a lovely vase from my mother, think she bought it in Woolworths, many years ago.  She always put the first daffodils in it out of the garden and I do the same, don't think it is worth a lot, but I like it.  ;D ;D ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 17:40:24 »
got an old chinese teapot  with no lid  ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 20:16:16 »
I had to laugh when they showed the auction on the TV news.  All I could think about was Delboy and Rodney when they fainted at the auction when the watch that they had put in made them a fortune.   ;D ;D

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 07:19:06 »
I had to laugh when they showed the auction on the TV news.  All I could think about was Delboy and Rodney when they fainted at the auction when the watch that they had put in made them a fortune.   ;D ;D
Thats exactly what went through my mind when I see it on the news ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:55:33 »
I will have to get up in the attic and get down my investment, a nice bit of capo dimonte that I got at a jumble sale  years ago for a couple of bob. It is a bit chipped and has a bit snapped off, but a bit of super glue and you would never know the difference.

This time next year we could be millionaires ;)

Allotment18

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:06:47 »
A bit odd, wonder who it belonged to, if it was stolen.  Thought with that amount of money they would try and trace its origin.  I have a lovely vase from my mother, think she bought it in Woolworths, many years ago.  She always put the first daffodils in it out of the garden and I do the same, don't think it is worth a lot, but I like it.  ;D ;D ;D

your vase from Woolies could be a rarity now think how many have probably been broken, chucked out etc ....  and after all its special to you so who cares what it costs  though i wouldnt turn my nose up to a sell at auction like that  :o

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 10:13:26 »
I had a chinese burn given to me at school once, not so many years ago.      :P    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 11:39:13 »
When my parents were married in 1936, my Dad bought my Mum two glass vases from Woolworths.

When my Mum was in respite care whilst I was recovering from a knee replacement operation, I took one of the vases in to the home with some flowers.  It disappeared despite several searches.  I still have the other one but am upset that its twin is lost.  It wasn't worth a lot of money but had great sentimental value.  I still get upset when I think about it.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 11:56:01 »
my Dad went to shanghai lots of times and he's got loads of vases. They must be worth even more - they're still full of preserved ginger  ;D

actually they were baksheesh bribes from chinese foremen........

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal