Author Topic: Allotment supervisor has vendetta against plot holder  (Read 24115 times)

blackkitty2

• Not So New ...
Re: Allotment supervisor has vendetta against plot holder
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 12:12:54 »
Just as an addendum I really, really appreciate the work that the supervisor used to do. He was a good guy and so nice to us but something happened in the last year. I guess it got too much for him and he got frustrated and angry. But aren't we all now?

I wish he had come to us and we were able to talk about it and get back on an even keel. He just started shouting at everyone and became mean, controlling and now vindictive. I so wish that he had been reasonable like he used to be but it just vanished.

We used to talk to him and have a good laugh but somewhere he lost his way and started to threaten people with eviction on the slightest whim. It saddens me and I do sympathise, I really do, but he has now pushed his luck and needs to take stock of his actions.

I only wish that he could be even the slightest bit approachable and all this could have been sorted. As it is he contacted the council without even coming and stating the regulations about surplus and listening to us. He went for the jugular which shows his liason capabilities have vanished along with our faith in him.

This has all made me very ill and I hope that those of you who supported me continue. I now know this stuff is rife on allotments.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 12:42:19 »
I go to my allotment for peace and quiet, luckily all the people are very friendly, and no arguments YET.  Our allotment Sec. is a good hardworking bloke and emails us when Council compost or rubbish truck is coming, so feel sorry for you.  The only moans we have is where the compost is left (some people have to walk further), some people take too much and it is delivered in the week, so working people moan, but they are only little moans.  Feel sorry for the allotment Sec. as he organises it, never had it before and people still moan.  Best not to get too upset about the problems on your allotments, perhaps the man is ill, that can make people bad tempered and unreasonable, or perhaps it is time he retired.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 13:20:15 »
have you tried talking to him face to face? if he IS having a hard time with something,he could probably do with some support. if you really do appreaciate all his hard work (unpaid) show him how much,just saying.
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 17:31:02 »
Best of luck BK, as you said he used to be a nice bloke so maybe something has changed in his life, I hope you get support from the council and your fellow lottie holders and most on here will give you a sympathetic ear, there's always one that will find the negative, well I'm off now before I get accused of being a bully.   ;)      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 19:48:46 »
simply just DON`T let it worry you, go to your plot and relax and enjoy, I say that sat here hardly able to move after over-doing it 2 days in a row!

If you think you can sell pumpkins for a good cause and get away with it then do it and go to the paper with your story as a sneaky advert and enjoy!

The End!

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 21:16:28 »

I just find it amazing that people here automatically jump into the defence of a complete stranger posting here for the first time. No disrespect to the OP but noone here has the full story. Theres always another side that isnt heard. It happens quite often here when people get into disputes with neighbours, associations, the council, etc they come here, post the tale of woe and its just assumed its all true, the other party is evil and they get all kinds of suggestions from the ridiculous to the downright illegal. I hope nobody here ever does jury service.

I hope you never become a counsellor!!! ::) I think I would rather shoot myself in my eyeballs than see you for advice. 99.9% of the problems posted here are just one side of the story. We can only work with what we are given. ::)

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 21:55:59 »
come on black kitty keep posting!

:(

• Acre
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 22:14:05 »
99.9% of the problems posted here are just one side of the story.

Duke

Thats exactly my point so advice eg to name and shame, go to the papers or whatever is stupid because its based on only half the story and following that advice might end up causing bigger problems.

Your eyeballs are safe but if I ever need career advice Ill be sure to go to someone qualified to give it.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 22:16:37 »
go to the papers if you think you are right

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 22:30:01 »
Perhaps you should have been specific and directed your comments to those that gave the advice you disagreed with.
I think it was you that said "I hope nobody here ever does jury service"
Good advice was given as well as bad.

Duke
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 22:31:38 by Duke Ellington »

:(

• Acre
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 23:58:42 »
The context for my comments was

It happens quite often here when people get into disputes with neighbours, associations, the council, etc they come here, post the tale of woe and its just assumed its all true, the other party is evil and they get all kinds of suggestions from the ridiculous to the downright illegal.

which is a general observation that theres a kneejerk reaction here to jump to the defence of the perceived *victim* without any evidence other than some words written on an internet forum that they are in fact a *victim*. Thats all.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 14:37:43 »
The context for my comments was

It happens quite often here when people get into disputes with neighbours, associations, the council, etc they come here, post the tale of woe and its just assumed its all true, the other party is evil and they get all kinds of suggestions from the ridiculous to the downright illegal.

which is a general observation that theres a kneejerk reaction here to jump to the defence of the perceived *victim* without any evidence other than some words written on an internet forum that they are in fact a *victim*. Thats all.

I guess there would not be many posts if every time someone started a thread it was generally assumed and they were told their post was not true. I see this as a site that operates largely on mutual trust. We perhaps rarely know the whole story, but I like to think the majority of the posts are valid and genuine and I take them on face value.

In my opinion, one of the super qualities of this forum is how collectively it rallies around and offers support, ideas, information, advice, friendship, encouragement, fun, etc. Though it is useful to have a reminder that not everyone is genuine.

I agree any account can have several faces and I guess human nature lets us add, by making our own assumptions and guesses, as to what else may be. Though sometimes these may be far from the truth. I feel this is one reason that gives rise to the varied answers posted, which can be drawn on or ignored as the reader sees fit.

I hope blackkitty finds enough support and advice on the a4a to help resolve and move a difficult situation forward. Good luck.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

pumkinlover

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 15:31:34 »
Well said
Anne

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 16:58:23 »
I guess there would not be many posts if every time someone started a thread it was generally assumed and they were told their post was not true. I see this as a site that operates largely on mutual trust. We perhaps rarely know the whole story, but I like to think the majority of the posts are valid and genuine and I take them on face value.

In my opinion, one of the super qualities of this forum is how collectively it rallies around and offers support, ideas, information, advice, friendship, encouragement, fun, etc. Though it is useful to have a reminder that not everyone is genuine.

I agree any account can have several faces and I guess human nature lets us add, by making our own assumptions and guesses, as to what else may be. Though sometimes these may be far from the truth. I feel this is one reason that gives rise to the varied answers posted, which can be drawn on or ignored as the reader sees fit.

I hope blackkitty finds enough support and advice on the a4a to help resolve and move a difficult situation forward. Good luck.

Good post, if I may say so.

Personally, I found something didn't quite ring true about the original post and the OP's subsequent posts.  But that's just based on my assumptions and guesses, as you say.  I may be spot on, or a million miles from the truth.

So I too wish blackkitty well, but I shan't be venturing any advice.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 18:32:16 »
I prefer to work on the premise that all these kinds of posts are true ,someone has come to this forum for support and we should give it. :)

If subsequently it is found to be a load of rubbish so be it.

I would rather have egg on my face than start making wild guesses that could possibly hurt someone very much  :)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2010, 19:25:05 »
why was mine and kev's posts deleted from this thread?
You couldn't make it up!

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2010, 19:36:03 »
type it again quick tony ???

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2010, 19:44:22 »
And mine  :)

blackkitty2

• Not So New ...
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2010, 19:44:53 »
Update time....... :P

Well I looked at everyones superb advice and support which has made me much happier. I actually slept last night until the dog exploded (not nice) and I spent an hour shoveling up (not the dog har, har just the nasties). At least last night wasn't like thursday when I didn't sleep at all and watched the whole 4 hour Cleopatra with Liz and Richard in.

Back to the update. The local paper took our pics this morning and the guy was astounded by our carving and said it was art. He was very supportive and said that we would be contacted on monday for an interview.

Yesterday another plotholder popped past in his car and we 'talked' about the situation. He told us that he was aware of the situation and that the site supervisor was a good friend but that he has 'issues' that needed sorting out. He also mentioned that the supe had anger problems and that his home life was not good. I proposed to the 'liasion guy' (his description) that he put it to the supe to meet and sort things out. He seemed genuinely shocked that I proposed this and we parted with him saying 'I'll put it to him'. He also stated that he couldn't understand why we had been 'singled out' when 2 others plotholders were openly selling pumpkins down the road.

Sadly the supe is quite frankly beyond help which is a real shame.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2010, 19:46:26 »
why was mine and kev's posts deleted from this thread?

Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong to delete posts from a thread?  Fair enough if they have foul language or are offensive in a personal way, but if someone is just expressing an opinion what's wrong with that?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal