Author Topic: Identifying tomato  (Read 1165 times)

lottiedolly

• Acre
Identifying tomato
« on: October 28, 2010, 12:16:29 »
Help......my friend has given me some tomatoes that she has successfully grown so i can save the seeds from them. The trouble is she does not know what they are called

They are yellow, shaped like a lemon, about 11/2" long and she says they have a fab taste (have not tried them yet). They are not ildi as i have grown them this year and they are much larger.

any advice greatly appreciated

Kx

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Identifying tomato
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:41:27 »
Help......my friend has given me some tomatoes that she has successfully grown so i can save the seeds from them. The trouble is she does not know what they are called

They are yellow, shaped like a lemon, about 11/2" long and she says they have a fab taste (have not tried them yet). They are not ildi as i have grown them this year and they are much larger.

Could they be Banana Legs?
http://tinyurl.com/352gx65

Similar is Orange Banana
http://tinyurl.com/39gkmvw
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:54:29 by galina »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 13:03:35 »
There is variety called plum lemon that looks..well...just like lemon ;D
But I would not say that they taste fab..but we all have different tastes so who knows. Any photos perhaps?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 13:41:32 by goodlife »

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 13:14:30 »
There is variety calle plum lemon that looks..well...just like lemon ;D
But I would not say that they taste fab..but we all have different tastes so who knows. Any photos perhaps?

I am so technically challenged, that photos are not an option for me i am afraid. but all ideas will be researched on the ol computer, so i appreciate all ideas.

Kx

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 13:47:47 »
I only just took notice the size you mentioned..plum lemon is much bigger than 1 1/2 inches..yours is still cherry size. And there is lot of yellow cherries about.
Sun Belle..that happens to be my all time favourite..is about that size..meaty, really sweet plum-shaped, yellow tomato with cordon habit.
Would you know where your friend got her seeds from?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal