Author Topic: Calabrese Chilli seeds... anyone know where?  (Read 2761 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Calabrese Chilli seeds... anyone know where?
« on: October 15, 2010, 20:19:14 »
I got som eseeds in a swap this year labelled "Calabrese Chilli". THey grown into quite large round chillis held upright rather than dangling and if you get enough of them on a plant then it indeed does look a bit like a calabrese... I'm assuming that';s the source of the name rather than it coming from Italy..... anyone know where I can get some more seeds from (seeds saving won't work they were with too many other chillis this year....)

I tried google but the signal-to-noise ratio was so poor I gave up.... most of the hits were me or others from the swap discussing them here or on other fora....

chrisc

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Calabrese Chilli seeds... anyone know where?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 22:48:08 »
It is still worth of saving some seeds...you will get most coming true to type..I've never heard of that variety.
Is it proper name for it?

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 22:56:38 »
I just came across this...is it same thing?
http://www.originaltouch.co.uk/acatalog/Ciliegia.html

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 22:18:15 »
You are a star goodlife!.... That's the puppy.... I'll try saving some seed but I might be short of space next year for a big pile of "experimental" chillis.... I wanted to stick to the varieties I was happy with and only go mad if/when I can get another half-plot to go withe the half I already have..... that siad I might be able to squeeze a few into the GH or the polytiunnel, but over-dense planting under glass is pretty much my worst horticultural habit...

chrisc

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal