Author Topic: WARNING virus which access all your files  (Read 1607 times)

powerspade

• Hectare
WARNING virus which access all your files
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:44:19 »
This past 3 days I have noticed that the normal Google page changed, I did a check and found that it is not a Genuine  page but a false one imitating Google It records all passwords from all sites including Banking details.
At the bottom of this false page you will see the words conduit get it?
Conned - u -in-it
Beware please

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: WARNING virus which access all your files
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:01:53 »
No doubt you're using Windows, they seem to be most open to attack. I moved away from Windows about four years ago and have had no problems since then. With my operating system nothing can be installed without I give the password to do it, I don't do that unless I am installing it.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 08:06:05 »
It isn't a virus at all. At some time recently you've opted to install a toolbar that's powered by conduit ( there are around 250,000 community toolbars powered by conduit). Uninstall the toolbar and correct your homepage to google.co.uk and you'll be fine. Watch out that you're not installing toolbars as often you have to untick a box to NOT install a toolbar when visiting some websites or downloading other programmes.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 08:47:03 »
No doubt you're using Windows, they seem to be most open to attack. I moved away from Windows about four years ago and have had no problems since then. With my operating system nothing can be installed without I give the password to do it, I don't do that unless I am installing it.

Yep.... Linux FTW!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal