Author Topic: Thawing out  (Read 1443 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Thawing out
« on: October 11, 2010, 07:26:07 »
Got back from the frozen wastelands of the north yesterday. As we came across the south downs the sun came  back  into view and by the time we arrived at the coast it was time to change out of the winter woolies and back into shorts and tee shirt.

All the same, I did have a good time in and around Kendal apart from swopping my walking boots for a pair of flippers. Booths supermarket was even better than last year, (why can't they all be like that) good quality food and Westons cider £1 a pint. Found a lovely pub called the Ring O Bells where they had a good musical session and I joined in with the squeezebox.  Went over the border to Ingleton for the folk festival, still wet and overcast most of the time, so got stuck in the pub, but with trusty squeezebox in hand joined in with the music again. Saw Mike Harding in his concert, still as funny as the last time I saw him 25 years ago.

The down to Warwick, still overcast and chilly although the weather report was telling everyone that there was an indian summer, perhaps they were refering the Balti triangle in Birmingham.
It did try with a bit of weak midlands haze one day but I must have blinked and missed it. But never mind (suprise, suprise) there was another folk festival in nearby Banbury, so into the Bell for yet another musical session  while she done some retail therapy.

Today I am sitting in the garden, watching the rising sun and waiting for the lazy Moo to get my breakfast while I recharge myself with the sunbeams.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Re: Thawing out
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:06:56 »
What can I say about that Ace, sounds as though it wasn't to much of a penance for you. Booths is my local supermarket & I agree, quite superb.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:25:00 »
Think it was Booth's in Keswick but can't be sure.

Glad you had a good time Ace  ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:27:54 »
You were on the wrong side of the Pennines, Ace- it was beautiful here yesterday and is the same today.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 19:27:18 »
Bloody hell Ace, I was getting worried that them Brummies had kidnapped you and locked you in a cellar listening to Jasper Carrot over and over again and feeding you bread and dripping, phew wipes sweat from my brow, good to see you back safe and well.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 21:57:52 »
Nice t see ya back Ace but why go all that way and then drink apple juice was the beer to strong for you ? ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 06:30:09 »
was the beer to strong for you ? ;D

When I order a pint I want the glass full up with beer not half beer and half froth. When I want bubbles I drink champagne. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal