Author Topic: My new kitten (Warning - not for faint of heart)  (Read 3322 times)

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
My new kitten (Warning - not for faint of heart)
« on: December 23, 2004, 16:13:16 »
My new kitten, Rudolph. 9 weeks olds.
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: My new kitten (Warning - not for faint of heart)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 17:08:15 »
Oh Oh Oh, want one! (wont show the kids as after ours, named Gin and Tonic, went to the great rat heaven, they have been after me for another!!)  :D  Very very cute, I want to cuddle him!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

TrailRat

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 17:28:09 »
He is so cute, but bored at the moment. No where in his tank for his toys plus we can't put toys in his tank because he's got mites. They're clearing up nicely but until he's be given an all clear we've been told no toys and clear out the tank every day. The pet shop where we got him phoned us and said the rest of litter have come down with them and advised we should get him checked over. Even offered to foot the bill. He's on a chicken and rice diet for a while. But yeah he loves to explore, once he's out of his tank.

TrailRat

« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 17:44:17 by TrailRat »
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

JustMarian

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 17:52:55 »
How very very sweet !!  Would love one but don't think it's the right pet !

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 20:17:06 »
Couldn't have a better pet in my opinion. I've always had fancy rats since the kids were tiny. :D They don't bite, love company, answer to their names and are full of fun.......and much cheaper to keep than a dog.  ;) Our newest addition looks just like your Rudolph. She's called Batty as she loves to bat everything aound with her little front paws.
Gorgeous photograph - any more!!  ;D

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

TrailRat

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 20:31:20 »
just got him a bigger cage to play in and for all his toys. once he's settled i'll drop in a few more photos

TrailRat

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 11:40:33 »
How cute is that?

I do miss my two rats (Bert and Ernie). They were great fun and extremely intelligent.

Since they shuffled off this mortal coil a few years ago I haven't had any more. Unfortunately my better half doesn't quite see the attraction, which is a shame.

TrailRat

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 11:45:51 »
My other half said she would never hold or get on with Rudolph. The first day in the flat he got loose and there she was, chasing after and picking up Rudolph. Now she thinks he's the most adorable thing on planet.

TrailRat

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 12:13:45 »
What a cutie pie!  8)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 15:08:16 »
He's so cute. I adore rats. I've wanted to get one for a few years, just never got around to it. My only concern is - can they be vegetarians? (Mine is a meatfree household!)
gone to pot :D

TrailRat

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 15:12:16 »
He's so cute. I adore rats. I've wanted to get one for a few years, just never got around to it. My only concern is - can they be vegetarians? (Mine is a meatfree household!)

Not sure. I will ask for you on another forum. But mine are on chicken and lamb because they do need that protien.

oubykh

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 22:31:05 »
well i've learnt something today, i never knew baby rats were called kittens!! :D :D

i saw the thread and was going to tell you to sign up to the felix and whiskers websites for great freebies - but i dont think thats quite appropiate now do you!! ;D ;D

TrailRat

• Half Acre
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 22:34:29 »
i don't think rudolph and dasher would appricate a can of whiskers :D.
mind you they wouldn't turn their noses up cos they're a couple of dustbins who'll eat anything in their path.

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 09:54:00 »
Awe so cute! I love rats, none at the moment - but I've had a fair few, including a big tank with 'three females' which infact turned out to be two females and a male, which then turned out to be two females, a male and about 10 babies  ;D

Rats can be vegetarian, so long as you give them a balanced diet.  They will eat just about anything.  Just steer clear of sugary foods as they can get horribly addicted.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal