Author Topic: mobile internet and window update troubles this week  (Read 1365 times)

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
mobile internet and window update troubles this week
« on: September 16, 2010, 19:46:38 »
Dont know if anyone else uses a dongle for mobile internet and if they do they might not be on line anyway but just wanted to flag up that all of orange and reportedly many other companies dongle based internet service has been down this week becuase of a  update from windows that is in conflict.

On mine i kept getting a this program isnt working properly messege every time i tried to log in.

If you are on orange call their services on 07973100450.

or basically un install your program, system restore back beyond 12th sept, uninstall the program from then to , suspend windows updates (or select update only after permission) then reinstall files by plugging dongle back in.
Orange say that if the problem persists they might make an update file availlable at thier phone shops.

So far the companies say that there is no patch as yet and that they will let those of us who phoned them know when it is safe to reuse windows updates again.
Hope you all are okay
its amazing how lost you feel without access to the internet and email!!
x sunloving

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: mobile internet and window update troubles this week
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 21:52:39 »
I know it's very unlikely, but are there any Linux users who are using mobile broadband, if so are you having any problems. According to the foregoing post it seems to be a Windows related problem, but if you are having problems it would point to a wider problem.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal