Author Topic: New to the site and new allotment this year  (Read 786 times)

lisaparkin

• Acre
New to the site and new allotment this year
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:19:36 »
Hello all, I have been reading posts on this site for a few weeks, very, very interesting forum!! 
I thought I had better register and join in. 
This is our 1st year 'with allotment' and things are growing very well, alot better than I thought they would. 
I was very interested in the recipes and have tried a few...Cougette cake, Cheesy marrow.....yummy yummy.
I'll look forward to getting some advice, gardening tips, sharing photos and trying more new recipes  :D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: New to the site and new allotment this year
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:40:57 »
A combined world of gardening knowledge at the touch of a keyboard.  (Watersheds good too).  Welcome.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:10:47 »
Welcome lisaparkin to A4A.  Great to hear you are being successful.  I got my lottie last year and have been amazed at how much I have managed to grow.

My space was limited before and had less sunlight so I really enjoyed seeing just how many things I can grow.

If you like cheesy marrow, have you tried cougettes lightly fried and then put in a pan covered with tomato and cheese and then grilled.  I like it plain but you can also add garlic, onions and herbs.  Delicious.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 17:39:49 »
Welcome to A4A, Lisa! Ask away, there are always plenty of people with the same questions and usually someone who can answer them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal