Author Topic: Hi all. from Jeannine  (Read 5965 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Hi all. from Jeannine
« on: September 11, 2010, 19:37:26 »
Judging by all the Pms, a few of you have been worried about me .

I am OK, I rather unexpectedly had a few days in the hospital but am home , alive and still kicking, albeit not very high LOL, sort of a heart hiccup  but I am fine.

I will get around to all your Pms as I can.

If I have missed anything important can someone let me know.

John got his test reports yesterday after I got home, the urologist kindly fit him in a few days late as he missed the Wednesday appointment.and It is good news.The problem is not cancer, it is a fatty lump. They will keep an eye on it, apparently they grow and can bleed. So other than having  to go to have a wee camera in his bladder now he seems to be just fine.

I have my scooter too, it was delivered to my house this morning and have not yet played on it but have realised it is definitely necessary so no more sulking.

I will have a cruise around and see what I have missed.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: Hi all. from Jeannine
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 19:50:01 »
 Hi Jeannine, pleased to hear from you, so pleased about John`s news.Sorry to hear you have been in hospital Jeannine.
You must take care of yourself now.
Which scooter did you get after all?.
Take care now all the best to you both.
Regards Mary xxx.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 19:56:17 »
Hi Rosebud. it is not a Shoprider as I had planned,the one they sugested   has a tougher engine apparently..it is an Elite GoGo..or some thing like that. I will get hold of the book and tell you more later.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 19:58:38 »
Glad to see you back Jeannine, the place doesn't seem the same without you.  :)

I'm sorry that you haven't been well, but at least it's good news about John.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 20:09:56 »
Hi Jeannine really sorry to hear you have not been well, so glad you're back you've been missed.  Really glad John is o.k. Have you put the L plates on the scooter yet!!! :)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 20:10:24 »
Good news indeed about John.

Glad to find you are now back in circulation.

Look after yourself.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 21:06:16 »
Sorry to hear about your hospital stay but good to hear you are ok, no chariot racing for you for at least a few days, minimum!

Lovely to read your news about John, big relief.

Take care both xxx

Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 21:20:27 »
Hi all and thankyou. I am going to trial the scooter this afternoon I think. fingers crossed it will go over grass as I am dying to see the lottie. The last time I went about 10 days ago, I walked on my crutches but couldn't it back so John got the push wheelchair from the car..it nearly bumped him off getting me to the car.

No L plates and no ruddy flags either.It is red and quite noticeable as it is.

Few Pms asking me what was wrong,so here you go.

Combination of overdoing things, pushing too hard, messing with heavy meds so my breathing went to  almost a stand still, this gave my heart a bit of a problem so  I woke up in  the ER, admitted and stabilised,heart is OK but it was labouring rather a lot apparently. It seems because I refuse to take my meds regularly and then when I get really really bad I  take them it is too much for my body to deal with. I have to keep the Fentanyl patches on,and take the painpills and anti-inflammatory pills all the time.If I stop using any of them for a couple of weeks and then start again, the dose should be started very low and built up to the high dose I am regularly on..so I am an idiot. I almost topped myself without trying LOL., it seems I had a close call, anyway after the few days away they have got me back to optimum level so I should be OK now.

XX Jeannine

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 21:26:03 »
I am glad you are feeling much better now Jeannine  :D

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 21:41:04 »
Lovely to see you back Jeannine and to hear both John and your better news.  Now about this scooter. Reckon we all ought to send you some stickers, can't be having you looking like a new girl on the block  ;)

Ninny

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 07:13:58 »
Hi Jeannine.So good to hear from you. Time to behave yourself & as they say act your age not your shoe size ;) ;D. What a scare for you but delighted you are sorted & John has good results. Good luck with your new toy. Have a great day. Missed you :).

jazzidoodle

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 08:12:49 »
So pleased to see you back Jeannine. It was because you and people like you I an staying albeit in the background. Just popped out to say how much I look forward to your contributions. I think it is a lesson for up all who are on medication to take it

happygardner

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 20:31:00 »
Hi Jeannine so glad that you are ok now also good news about John you are going to have to take life a bit easier now [we dont think!!!!!!] Cant imagine you slowing down Have fun with your newish toy LOL  Lorraine
may all your days be happy ones

potatoehead

• Not So New ...
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 00:46:10 »
Hey Jeannine,

I have a heart problem ( couple of heart attacks, followed by double bypass surgery ) and i still do the same as you.
Sometimes you just can't be doing with your meds there are so many, take some tablets in the morning then some at night, what a pain after a bottle of wine you just forget lol.

Anyway take care and i'm off to take the 2 now that i have to.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 02:55:01 »
What a good reminder for all of us: medicine doesn't help if it stays in the bottle.

It was so great to hear you've made it through all the difficulties and are now tooling around town on your own. Please take care, Oh Squash Queen Jeannine.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 23:52:24 »
Jeannine

Sorry you and John had this scare and glad that you are ok again.  Hope you'll stay at 'optimum level'.

Tell us how the wheels are going?  I found GoGo Elite on WWW.  Red, you said.  Did you fit 'go-faster-stripes'? Hope you are having fun with your scooter and that it will give you more freedom to enjoy the things you want to do.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 09:43:26 »
Good to see you around Jeannine, and even better news about John  :)

So how did it go with the chariot and the lotty  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 05:37:28 »
Hi all. thank you for the good wishes. I am sort of taking it easy a bit. I still haven't been out since I got home so the scooter is still unused for now.  I seem to be a bit tired and am doing as I am told..My doc popped in to see me and reminded me that I am not an 18 year old athlete..don't you hate these clever dicks.. anyway he said to listen to what my body is telling me and to stop ignoring the signs..when I have to stop I should stop etc.. so I am going steady. Boring..... Too much knitting and sitting but I promised I would take a couple of weeks off.

The scooter is now in the car, fully charged and waiting for me to get out of my Pj's. I am planning a trip round a mall in the next few days...boring..but it will train me to use the scooter.

It is amazing how difficult it is to decide where to go when you have wheels.I have moaned about not being mobile for ages, now I am I can't figure out where to go. I hate shopping, love the beach and nature walks where it won't go so it is going to be an adjustment. I haven't been to the lottie for a couple of weeks now so might try the scooter on grass at the beginning of the week.

Thanks gang.

XX Jeannine

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 07:23:29 »
Have fun where ever you go. It will be good for you just to get out of the house, I think. Will there be much to pick at the lotty. What about the one you were looking after, are they back yet?
Have a great day.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 07:30:01 »
Good to see you back.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal