Author Topic: A time to think about old friends  (Read 930 times)

ACE

• Hectare
A time to think about old friends
« on: September 09, 2010, 17:03:48 »
I lost family in the blitz, also uncles in the war, a very good friend in 9.11. When will it stop. All these aniversaries come around every year and we remember in our own way. The actions of a stupid Pastor in America is trying to stir even more hate, not the way to to help World peace. I prefer to sit and think about those that have passed but listening to this little piece of music can even bring a moist eye to a hard @rsed barsteward like me. It applies to all that have fallen in conflicts not just our own boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3nZ2fm9Wk

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: A time to think about old friends
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 17:24:05 »
 Thanks Ace for posting  that link. What a moving song sung beautifully.
I think that would be nice played at all remembrance services this year to remember all lives lost.

That paster in USA has withdrawn his stupid action that would have brought more deaths to bear down on us.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Re: A time to think about old friends
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 20:10:29 »
It is a good point.

Indeed I too have lost relatives in incidents.

Shall we get on with our lives and accept our losses as part of our past or do we WANT to be continually reminded of the past and grieve again?

Personally I have decided not to have shrines to my dead relatives and wont go to memorial services. Not out of disrespect for them. I remember them every day, there is always something which comes up as a reminder.

I do it with a smile at sweet memories.

They are gone, we can not get them back. They did what they did and we loved them.

To be honest, I detest these memorial services.

We should allow these heroes to rest in peace instead of disturbing their eteranal rest by 'honouring them'.

They did what they did so that we could live in a better world. Not so that we could spend the rest of our lives grieving.

Those who knew them do not forget at all.

They did not 'give their lives' Those lives were taken.

Young men (on both sides) were simply cannon fodder..

War is a waste.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal