Author Topic: A twist in the tale  (Read 3571 times)

zigzig

• Acre
A twist in the tale
« on: September 04, 2010, 20:16:01 »
For those who have followed the thread so far. You will know but any one on catch up. You may like to check out an earlier post.

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,62497.0.html

Welccme back.

It all got complicated when the eldest daughter made friends with the second child of the birth mother when they were at University together.

The children of the adopted child knew the circumstances but, names it seems, they never noted.

The adopted son, as the only child of his late dear departed adoptive parents inherited all their weath. Bought his own home and with his young wife invested into a caravan park where they have several mobile homes which they rent out.

A great job for the holidays for his eldest daughter and her friend from University. Her half sister as it turns out.

They have been together all summer looking after the caravans, cleaning them and making them ready for the next tenants each week. They worked around the site helping the owner. Living in the small caravan owned by the family. He knew, his wife knew, but they had vowed not to spoil things

The twist.

The elder (new family) son of the birth mother and the elder daughter of the adopted son are now an item. He is a professional footballer and has had most of the summer off and has been a regular visitor.

The two girls being friends was, fine but now?

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: A twist in the tale
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 10:07:32 »
im sorry,ive tried to get my head round this but its too complicated for my little brain to understand! but didnt want to read and run
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 12:06:19 »
Am I right in calculating that the pair in questions are cousins? 

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 14:55:29 »
Completely lost me.   ???     :-\      ::) ::) ::)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 15:51:59 »
I think the adopted one should confide in his own daughter and point out the possible sensitivity of the situation and leave her to decide who she wants to tell.  I think he has a duty to be honest with his own daughter.

Marriage for and uncle and neice conbination is not allowed.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 17:43:07 »
Absolutely tell them. To not do so I think would be a terrible risk if she gets pregnant/marries him.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 17:58:41 »
It probably isn't legal to have a sexual relationship either......anyone sure?

Tell them asap, the longer this goes on the harder it will be on everyone.

And it will be hard anyway.
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 19:28:45 »
They are blood half brother and sister. But because of the law.

They are not related.

When a person is adopted they no longer belong to their blood relatives they are part of the family they were adopted into.

So a non related adopted brother and sister can not marry.

Yet a half brother and sister can.

In this case. They share the same blood/birth mother.

:(

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 19:45:34 »
Youve got that the wronmg way round. A man cant marry a halfsister, a woman cant marry a halfbrother. Adopted children can marry their adopted brother or sister.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_family/family/getting_married.htm#Who_can_get_married

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 20:15:49 »
Youve got that the wronmg way round. A man cant marry a halfsister, a woman cant marry a halfbrother. Adopted children can marry their adopted brother or sister.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_family/family/getting_married.htm#Who_can_get_married

That is a brilliant link there

But who on earth is going to tell the adoptive persons that they can not marry ?

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 10:08:36 »
They are blood half brother and sister. But because of the law.

They are not related.

When a person is adopted they no longer belong to their blood relatives they are part of the family they were adopted into.

So a non related adopted brother and sister can not marry.

Yet a half brother and sister can.

In this case. They share the same blood/birth mother.

ziz ill have to diasagree there,if what you are saying is true,i could marry my natural father,because my step dad adopted me,therefore making me not related to my birth dad,whom i know now!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 11:24:37 »
I am still confused.  If we are talking about the natural mother of the adopted son and his eldest daughter then this is a grandmother/grandaughter relationship.

Whatever decisions regarding secrecy that his natural mother may have made regarding her family,  The adopted son should tell his own daughter everything he knows about the situation asap.  The longer it goes on the more upset she will be that he kept it a secret.

I feel it is for this kind of reason that the details of the natural parents should always be available.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 12:07:15 »
We were talking this week with a couple who have an adopted daughter who contracted leukemia. They contacted the adoption agency to see if the natural mother could be contacted in case they needed bone marrow. Another good reason for that genetic history to be available.

Another adopted friend is in her 40s (a mother of two) but her adopted mother has steadfastly refused to give our friend any info on her natural parents and will go to the grave with that info. Seems to me a major mistake medically when it could be a life saver at some point in time not to mention the fiasco of intermarriage.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 20:28:20 »
My view is very simple..forget all the sites that state this and that.

If they are connected by blood, there should not be a union, they need to know and quickly.
To not tell them is not fair in this case.

It needs handling very very carefully with just the facts and coming from someone who can back it up with paperwork if possible. This is not the time to keep secrets.It is totally different form the original query and it has to be addressed. It may well cause pain but the alternate choice does not bear thinking about. If a child resulted from this union there could be a very serious heart breaking event, one which the Mum and Dad should have the info on well before it might happen.

I sound tough but think of the repercussions if it does not come out.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

:(

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 20:35:50 »
My view is very simple..forget all the sites that state this and that.

XX Jeannine

I sort of think the law is important in this irrespective of peoples personal moral viewpoints.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal