Author Topic: how's this in cute category?  (Read 1823 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
how's this in cute category?
« on: September 02, 2010, 19:21:49 »
[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: how's this in cute category?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 19:26:13 »
Beautiful.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 15:07:57 »
Very very cute!
What's the story?

We found a baby squirrel on a neighbour's plot once, it was older than the one in the pic, but still a baby.  It tried to attack us!  :o
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 15:44:21 »
Well...I found it on lawn in work. I though it was dead but when I picked it up I noticed it was still breathing..just...so I dropped couple of drops of water in its mouth, wrapped it in little cloth and put in bucket in sunny place...and during that morning I kept giving it little water every now and then....as I was getting ready to go home it suddenly 'screamed'..so I bought from local shop some infant milk and syringe from pharmacy..as one do... ::)...fed it..and it did eat with some appetite..after that it just ate and slept..needing feeding every 3 hrs or so..
Sooo....I spent happy nurturing night having 'waking up calls' for feed or just little stroke.. ::) ..and it slept in my propagator in house best towel.... ;D
This morning I was waiting for it's feed call and it was very quiet..when I checked it was just doing its last breaths..It is resting now under massive beach tree....
I knew I couldn't keep it and it was destined to be to put sleep..but I just could not help myself ..I've always been sucker for sad cases..and ever since being little I've bought home numerous different animals..lost, sick, wounded, orphan..name it,  been there.. ::) The 'Lady' of the house who's garden I was wonking on yesterday...well, she said that I should put spade through 'the rat'.... :o Could I! :o

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 15:49:10 »
....this one was only couple of weeks old as it didn't have teeth yet..and was still suckling age. I suspect that it was thrown out of nest as it looked like it wasn't developed quite right..
But it did clung to me for the time I had it,,it was kept warm, fed, loved and I didn't noticed that it would have been in pain...
...this was my first baby squirrel patient.. ;D

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 16:06:02 »
Good for you!
There are too many cruel people around so it's nice to hear about kindness.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 18:29:33 »
I couldn't harm one even though they pinch the sweetcorn and the birds feed.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal