Author Topic: WI FI SECURITY  (Read 1853 times)

ACE

• Hectare
WI FI SECURITY
« on: September 02, 2010, 18:06:44 »
I know I should leave things alone, especially when I know diddlyshite about them but I thought I had better get my wifi so nobody else could use it to get on line or worse when they amble by with their wifi phones.

So went to 192.168.0.1 and changed the password/passkey which was simple following an online walkthrough. Now comes the problem. How do I get my computors, phones, Wii and netbooks to connect to my router. We have had to go back to having a cable trailing about the room to use our  laptops. I don't want to have an unsafe wifi system as my wife has to work with some really personal and sensitive issues and she works from home a lot nowadays but has to touch base quite a bit with her main office.  So I would like a walkthrough in plain english if anybody knows how. Thanks

mickstani

• Not So New ...
Re: WI FI SECURITY
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 19:42:37 »
Connecting your computers to the network.

Once the network name, encryption and admin passwords are all set up and running, your home wireless network is good to go, and from then on it's just a simple task of connecting all the computers, laptops, and other devices you want to your wireless network.

Simply locate your home network by searching for the SSID home network that you named by searching in your computer's wireless network list.

Once you've found your home network, simply click to connect, and then enter the password information when prompted, and you're ready to go.

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 20:27:00 »
you may have to enter your WEP key into your wireless devices to connect them to the network and that is found in the wireless setting of the router, on my netgear its under security setting but depending on your route it may be slightly different.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 21:56:17 »
Well I proper c0cked that up. Ended up pressing the reset button on the router. I tried to get wpa2 but I needed a service pack 3 and all sorts of gubbins that just boil your brain reading about. So tomorrow I will try again it will be just wep for now as it is better than nothing. But I had better get a man in to do it properly. I will be gardening when he does it as I am an expert at that and know sweet fa about computors.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal