Author Topic: Overwintering Onion Sets - Wholesale  (Read 3073 times)

redrichwen

• Quarter Acre
Overwintering Onion Sets - Wholesale
« on: August 31, 2010, 13:59:46 »
Hi All
I have the responsibility this year of trying to source a quantity of sets to be sold in our allotment shed. Does anyone have any contacts or suppliers they could give me details off. I'm obviously keen to get the very best price we can, to try and boost our dwindling profits.
Thanks in advance

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
Re: Overwintering Onion Sets - Wholesale
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 22:38:47 »
I've never had to do this myself, but I know some allotment societies use the general seed merchants like Kings and Dobies and so on. Websites often have a link to special deals they offer to allotment societies. You could have browse.

I expect there are a few people on here who order for their site shop, so maybe they'll have some insider info.

:(

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 11:04:38 »
Are you or is your association a member of the NSALG becuase Kings who do their discount seed scheme will give you a quote for larger quantities. Might be qworth contacting Kings even if youre not a memebr.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 11:43:15 »
Might be qworth contacting Kings even if youre not a memebr.
They have a comercial website http://www.kingsseedsdirect.com where you will find their bulk prices.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

delboy

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:51:42 »
Kings Seeds wholesale is better value than using the discounts they give for allotment groups - but only if you really can use up/sell the numbers of seeds etc that come out from them.

They are a really nice bunch to deal with.
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal