Author Topic: Wasp nest in greenhouse?? somwhere  (Read 10456 times)

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
Re: Wasp nest in greenhouse?? somwhere
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 23:53:38 »
Be aware that unlike bees, when a wasp sting it also emits a pheromone inviting every other wasp for miles to sting you as well.
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 16:33:21 »
^^ go for it Jeannine !!  We will be watching from a safe distance (the UK).

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 18:43:12 »
Be aware that unlike bees, when a wasp sting it also emits a pheromone inviting every other wasp for miles to sting you as well.

That's exactly what happens with bees. One stings, marks the spot, and others home in. I tend to get them attacking my left cuff, for some reason. I'd be interested to know who's done the research on wasp pheromones.

The flying wasps will survive and congregate near the nest. There's no need to panic; they won't attack anyone, and will disappear before long.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 09:18:41 »
We think they are all gone.One of the younger members of the exec offered to go in and look for me. He found the three I mentioned , two more in the roof and seven more under the benches, he went before dawn and waited, he think he got them alland removed the nests..or and he found a snake curled up in a breeze block too.

So we hope to get there tomorrow and get a real good cleanup job done..well John will I will be the bench tidier and tea maker.

Thank you so much for all your help I have learned so much frpm you

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 12:57:43 »
Glad you got rid of them before they started building an even bigger nest.

Here is a picture of a nest that we had in our loft a couple of years ago.  We got the professionals in to kill the wasps.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 15:17:42 »
Wow, that scared me just looking at it, ours where just wee little,things XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 18:29:09 »
Herfe's the biggest ever found in Britain:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-10871240

I'd like to know more about how it functioned; it much have had numerous queens to reach that size!

asj

• Half Acre
  • Esher, Surrey
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 18:47:29 »
When we wanted to have more insulation in our loft space the assessor told us to get the wasp man in first - he (the assessor) wouldn't even go in the loft until the wasp man had removed the 23 nests that were there!
War on slugs and snails!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 23:15:13 »
Wow :o

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal