Author Topic: I hate cats  (Read 4370 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
I hate cats
« on: August 14, 2010, 09:42:06 »
Woke up to this this morning.  Not Charlie, he is 18 and never caught nothing.  Gone right off Dulce.  Had to have a cup of tea and smoke before I dealt with the dead pigeon, now I have to hoover up the feathers.  Luckily I shut the living door at night or else would probably have got it on my bed.  Dulce has gone to next doors neighbour to sleep off his exciting night, not sure how he got in through the cat flap.  Time to lock it, me thinks.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
Re: I hate cats
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:49:20 »
Oh how I sympathise with you. When we had Fluffy our moggie she was an expert hunter even with the loudest bell round her neck we could find.  She would regularily embarras us when we had a dinner party or barbie by catching a bird or mouse and eating the whole thing feathers/fur and all infront of our guests! I am sure it was to let them know that she wasnt fed and had to catch her own dinner.  She loved tormenting my hubby by bringing in live mice and dropping them on him when he was in bed. Id be there at 3am catching the mouse and releasing it outside while a shreeking hubby would be waking up the neighbourhood.
The Raggies being indoor cats with supervised excursions into a cat proof garden wouldnt know what to do with a mouse or bird  bless..

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 11:03:42 »
Dulce is very happy, and not sure why I wasn't.  Suppose it is just nature, so he is forgiven now and all the mess cleaned up, until the next time. Don't want to shut him/them out all night, but if I shut them in will have to provide a cat litter tray, which won't please OH. Charlie is 18 and the only time he had a litter tray was when it was snowing and he was quite upset about using it.  I love Dulce really, I suppose it may have been Gabanna (the other terrible twin) who we call hoover who comes in and eats any left over cat food when I am not looking.  Think I will blame Gabanna as Dulce would never do anything bad, apart from clawing up the stair carpet and ripping the wallpaper in the hall, and pulling down my net curtains and the poles when he was a kitten, and he is not my cat but as he has been living here for about a year, suppose he is.  Funny his owner, at the back, never comes to get him and have told her twice where I live and told her to collect her cat.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 11:19:32 »
Cleo does not hunt but I remember the late `Conker`. He was a born killer and loved to bring rabbits home.

For a couple of days I noticed this `smell` and then finally found the cause-the buggar had hidden a half eaten one behind the hot water tank in the airing cupboard

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 11:45:27 »
Dogs can be just as cruel.  Mine often catches pigeons and baby birds.  It can be quite heartbreaking especially when she found a robins' nest on the ground and killed one of the chicks. 

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 11:53:59 »
The best my darling could do this week was a tiny vole. :(
Smile, it confuses people.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 12:48:40 »
Do cats kill rats ? I think I have one living behind my garage :'(

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 13:58:43 »
Duke they sure do, we had a cat who regularly left a dead rat on the back doorstep!
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

asj

• Half Acre
  • Esher, Surrey
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 14:45:13 »
This is what I found yesterday  ::)
War on slugs and snails!!

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 15:51:50 »

Cats will be cats, my grandson was asleep when he was rudely awakened something hit him in the face ,it was a rat  :o his cat had given it to him as a present, and she was tossing it about grandsons bed. ;D
It took Tony a little while to recover. to say the least.
  June.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 16:09:28 »
great stories!! I 'm reminded of being a kid and my cat Tiger always bringing me presents - never phased me but my mum used to go kind of bonkers  :D

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 16:26:40 »
Can a borrow one of your rat catching cats then!! ;D
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Gillysdad

• Half Acre
  • Gateshead.
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 17:23:08 »
Folks on our caravan site think they have a Fox that climbs onto their caravan roofs, and then jumps down and runs away when challenged.
All of this takes place during the hours of darkness....I haven't the heart to tell them its our ginger tom called Gerry ;D ;D

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 18:48:06 »
Our little minx has a liking for frogs and toads when threatened they have a realy high pitched squeal just like a mouse. I think she is confussed. But her absolute favorite is elastic bands which have been dropped by the postman, somtimes 5 or 6 a night we've had hundreds over the years.

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 20:04:12 »
My old cat (RIP) never brought me a thing in the city, he was too busy sleeping on my keyboard or shredding my sofa. Was kinda proud of him when he stayed at my Dads in the country, and turned into a prolific hunter, chasing jackdaws round the house and dropping mice on Dad's pillow in the night. Aww.. I miss that puss!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 15:54:59 »
Dulce, you are getting too fat to sleep on my plastic greenhouse, don't poke your tongue out at me.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 10:29:42 »
yesterday the cats brought in one huge dragonfly. Unfortunately they had damaged his wings and he died. :(They are all proud of themselves little devils.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 11:08:35 »
ASJ thats a great pic!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

asj

• Half Acre
  • Esher, Surrey
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 12:14:40 »
Thanks Elvis - Caesar makes sure there's never a dull moment around here! ;D
War on slugs and snails!!

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 23:15:04 »
Personally I adore and respect cats. They are not pets they are totally independant creatures who may, if you are lucky, chose to live with you.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal