Author Topic: New fencing.  (Read 1060 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
New fencing.
« on: August 10, 2010, 14:59:44 »
As some of you know young Lorna (next door) and me have had all new fencing erected. I just couldn't manage to move all the plants to a temporary place, I needn't have bothered, the guy who erected the fencing was a darling and the only damage was 4 gladioli trodden down. Here is a pic looking towards the back of my rear garden,

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Re: New fencing.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 15:42:32 »
Oh Lorna I've got fence envy. That looks lovely. I hope it's not to tall for you & young Lorna to chat over it ;).

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 16:32:31 »
That looks lovely.  He has done a very good job.  And now you have new planting opportunites to grow stuff up the new fencing.....clematis, honeysuckle, solanum  ;)
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 16:50:40 »
That is beautiful! For years I didn't understand what a great asset an enclosed garden was except to keep out
predators. It really does showcase the flowers.  So nice someone else erected it all for you, Lorna.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 22:25:27 »
We are both delighted, Lorna's garden is now completely enclosed. I declined new fencing on right hand side as I have a wrought iron arch and wrought iron fence that my late husband made for me, just couldn't have that demolished. Only down side is we can no longer chat over the 6ft fence but the guy saved all the good wooden posts from my old fence which I am going to use to make another raised bed for more strawberry plants.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:58:32 »
Could you saw a good-sized round hole in the fence to talk?
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal