Author Topic: Autumn peas  (Read 4653 times)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: Autumn peas
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00:13 »
antipodes have you tried a device for transporting and adding oxidane to you soil.
I have found by adding oxidane to my soil at regular intervals in large quantities helps to  prevent my soil from drying out excessively. Also a device that   blocks some or interferes with  certain frequencies of electromagnetic radiation during intense periods of transmission helps in preventing of excessive soil drying.

But on our site we can only transport the oxidane with spout-enabled polyurethane cylinders, and I cannot provide oxidane every single earth rotation, so the cultivation of the Pisum sativum is rather disappointing. In my geographical location, the troposphere has quite an elevated temperature in summer.

Or maybe logalot is just taking the "pea"?  8)
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Autumn peas
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 18:41:17 »
Great explanation Antipodes ;D ;D

I have decided to try sowing a few peas now and had a space free.  I have a number of volunteers coming up from peas that have fallen off and they seem to be happy that this is a good time to try and grow.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal