Author Topic: digital camera  (Read 2392 times)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
digital camera
« on: August 11, 2010, 15:26:48 »
Can anyone recommend one of the above?  I want one that is simple to use and has at least a 3" screen.  I don't know how much I should pay but I do like Panasonic as a make.   Any advice or information.   Thanks. 

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: digital camera
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 15:54:57 »
I've got a Panasonic TZ5 and I highly recommend it.  I've had it for about 2 years though so it is probably discontinued now.  Maybe a google search will tell you more about it.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 18:03:07 »
Thanks. I off to ggogle.

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 18:48:12 »
i've got a Panasonic TZ3. Good quality but the lack of viewfinder is a pain as its hard to keep track of anything when using the zoom. Canon Ixus are a good point-n-shoot, but again I'd look for one with a viewfinder (if they are still made).

The new(ish) Panasonic Micro interchangeable lens digital SLRs are supposed to be excellent, also the Sony Nex and Olympus Pen. Some are missing a flash and some are missing viewfinder though, so shop around.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 21:09:53 »
Thanks for the reply and information.   About the view finder, no wonder I find a digital camera difficult to use when I borrow one.   

Kepouros

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 22:13:05 »
Whatever sort you buy, it won`t be long before you find that every time yopu need to use it in a hurry the screen will light up with "Battery Exhausted", and by the time you`ve put in a freshly charged battery whatever it was you wanted to photograph has gone.  I`ve given up on mine and gone back to my old faithful Olympus OM10

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 22:49:49 »
Decent rechargeable batteries are the way to go, modern cameras are more efficient.

I recently bought an Olympus X-43 from Argos with my nectar points.
It's quite cheap for a 14 megapixel.
It's just gone down to £70.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 15:13:11 »
Yo
Whatever sort you buy, it won`t be long before you find that every time yopu need to use it in a hurry the screen will light up with "Battery Exhausted", and by the time you`ve put in a freshly charged battery whatever it was you wanted to photograph has gone.  I`ve given up on mine and gone back to my old faithful Olympus OM10
You sound as if you are into photography in a bigger way than me.  If I miss something it is because I am too slow.  But thanks for your comment.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 15:15:58 »
Decent rechargeable batteries are the way to go, modern cameras are more efficient.

I recently bought an Olympus X-43 from Argos with my nectar points.
It's quite cheap for a 14 megapixel.
It's just gone down to £70.

Sounds good.  I do use re-chargable batteries and have a charger to do so.  Thanks for the info..

bridbod

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 20:39:24 »
With the vast choice available in digital cameras, its really hard to suggest particular models.I don't think you'll be going far wrong with models from any of the respected major manufacturers eg Canon,Pentax, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic (and even Casio), although Canon always seems to get good reviews for compacts and digital SLR's.
Its more than likely that your new camera will come with a lithium battery and charger, but if it needs "AA" batteries then go for the low self discharge type like Sanyo "enerloop", you won't be dissappointed !!

greenfists

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 10:32:50 »
I bought my wife a Fuji s1500. It has the look of a "proper" camera. Its got a lot of very good auto features but also can be used fully manually. The results are very good indeed.
It does eat batteries though, so its, as discussed, best to get rechargeable.
Obviously its a step up from your standard point and shoot but it can do so much more. This means its a bit more pricey but worth it.
The S1730 is £150 in Argos and very similar (probably better spec, technology marches on.)
As far as digital SLR goes I have been told from a number of sources that they are brilliant but you need to be aware of the fact that they tend to weigh quite a lot more and of course much more costly.
If you haven't got green fingers then use your fists.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal