Author Topic: two big bins of weed goo - what benefits from it  (Read 977 times)

brownowl23

• Acre
two big bins of weed goo - what benefits from it
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:35:50 »
OK Ive got two big bins/troughs of weed goo/tea. I want to use them if only to empty them and start rain collecting agin but..................

Do I just dig over a patch and dig it all in.......trying not to retch at the stink of course. and do I use all of one bin on one bit. One of the bins is an old water trough, the other is a big green wheelie bin, both over  half full with weeds half full with water.

Also what is the best thing to grow once youve put this into the ground. i.e what NPK properties does a bucket of weed goo have and what plants will benefit most from it.

I am thinking it must have a really good nitrogen property which would be good for brassicas. However the bed in the nearest vicinity to the trough i would like to be my potato bed next year.

So basically the question is what is weed tea good for?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:08:07 by brownowl23 »

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
Re: two big bins of weed goo - what benefits from it
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:10:33 »

Also what is the best thing to grow once youve put this into the ground. i.e what NPK properties does a bucket of weed goo have and what plants will benefit most from it.

you have no way of knowing unless you have a lab analysis done on it. It depends what you put in it. All home made compost is a guess!!!
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

brownowl23

• Acre
Re: two big bins of weed goo - what benefits from it
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:13:12 »

[/quote]

you have no way of knowing unless you have a lab analysis done on it. It depends what you put in it. All home made compost is a guess!!!
[/quote]

ahh well that I dont know, its been there a while and its very stinky and sludgy and green.

Guess I'll just spread it across as many beds as possible and see what likes it the best.

sloshed some across the onions earlier in the year but that didnt seem to help them so I gues it wasnt their cp of weed tea  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal