Author Topic: My Ragdoll cats  (Read 9510 times)

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
My Ragdoll cats
« on: July 31, 2010, 13:21:09 »

This is Lillie my seal bi-colour Ragdoll. She is a typically tortie always up to mischeif and the boss of the house.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
Re: My Ragdoll cats
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 13:24:28 »

This is Redford our red colourpoint. He thinks he is a dog and follows hubby everywhere.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 13:27:08 »

Lulu-Mae is our youngest Ragdoll but she is a reall tomboy and likes nothing better than chasing the boys around the house to bite their back legs :)

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 13:29:53 »

Celine is our oldest Ragdoll she is 11. She was and exbreeding queen and came to live with us when she was retired she was 5 years old then.  She still mothers all the other cats.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 13:34:22 »

This was taken of Harry our seal bi-colour Ragdoll a few years ago. I had to share this one with you as I think he has the prettiest face. He is a real darling of a cat.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 13:40:23 »

This is Jasper who is a PersianXRagdoll he is a really mummys boy and sleeps on mummys pillow (or head) at night. This is an old picture of him sitting on my lap in the marquee at the Animal Roadshow.  He was a stand in cat for a grooming article. Lillie was used for the filming.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 14:12:33 »
Beautiful
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

luckycharlie

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 14:16:11 »

I Want one   :) :) :)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 14:16:45 »
What beautiful cats. I bet they rule the house ;). How do you go on with holidays. My OH won't leave the cat.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 14:35:25 »
Lovely cats
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 15:02:15 »
What beautiful cats. I bet they rule the house ;). How do you go on with holidays. My OH won't leave the cat.

We dont go on holidays together ;) They are too much of a responsibility to leave with my mum who bless her spent most of the day with them. There is only one cattery that I would leave them in but we would both worry too much about leaving them.  Saving up for a huge american style motor home then they could come with us ;) :)

Pleased you all like them.

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 16:01:05 »

What beautiful cats, and so well groomed to.
   June.

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 17:05:04 »
They're gorgeous!

How did they get the name 'ragdoll'? I like to think it's because they're soft, floppy and very cuddly!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 17:29:39 »
They are lovely but think of all those dug up carrot beds.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 17:50:10 »
They're gorgeous!

How did they get the name 'ragdoll'? I like to think it's because they're soft, floppy and very cuddly!

Your right !!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragdoll
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 19:06:23 »
They are lovely but think of all those dug up carrot beds.

Luckily they are "indoor" cats. We have a cut run and house for them in the garden for when we cant supervise them properly. Our garden has been cat proofed so they can get out or other cats get in but we do watch them (not as strictly as that sounds`) They never dig the garden as they use a dirt box indoors and do not climb. They prefer to hunt toy mice than the real thing.  They are very playful and our house looks like a kindergarden full with toys,scratch posts, playtunnels, cardboard boxes Harry has fallen in love with and wont let me throw away etc etc.

June they have fur like Rabbit fur very soft with hardly any undercoat. It can knot up but a good brush twice a week is enough for them. The Persian Ragdoll cross Jasper needs more attention on his coat 3-4 times a week.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 19:41:55 »
 They are absolutely stunning. Thank you for showing them to us.
I know of an ex A4A chap who breeds ragdoll cats they are also beautifull.

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 11:53:58 »
They are adorable.

Alison

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 17:25:17 »

Hi Ragdoll lady, they are just beautiful .I have a lovely old Birman lady, she is nineteen and a half .she gets knots in her fur, and I have to get them out. but she is not keen I think it because I have to pull a little.
if you had advice on this it would be helpful ,how do you groom your cats
I hope you don't thinkI have a cheek asking.
    Thanks in advance June,

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 11:48:45 »

Hi Ragdoll lady, they are just beautiful .I have a lovely old Birman lady, she is nineteen and a half .she gets knots in her fur, and I have to get them out. but she is not keen I think it because I have to pull a little.
if you had advice on this it would be helpful ,how do you groom your cats
I hope you don't thinkI have a cheek asking.
    Thanks in advance June,

Hello June Of course I dont mind giving you some tips on grooming your girl, its nice to be asked. She is doing well at 19 and a half and I think she has every right not to like being brushed ;) I always think the best way to tackle a cat thats not keen on being brushed is to do it little and often.  When they are on my lap being fussed I conciously feel around the coat for anyk nots. Depending on its size I try and tease it apart with my fingers. Always holing the knot at the base do I dont pull on the root of the fur as this is painfull for the cat.  Most times with patience you can tease the NOT APART WITHOUGT LOOSING A LOT OF FUR.  iF ITS TOO STUBBORN YOU CAN USE A STITCH PICKER BUT YOU MUST ALWYS HOLD THE BASE OF THE KNOT AND BE SO CAREFULL AS THESE ARE SHARP.  yOU CAN GET  A COMB CALLED "THE FUMENATOR" THEY SELL CHEAPEST ON EBAY THIS GETS OUT ALL THE OLD FUR AND CAN CUT DOWN ON KNOTS. i DONT USE ONE BUT A FEW OF MY FRIENDS DO THEY SHOWED BE HOW TO USE IT ON THEIR CATS AT SHOW AND ITS EFFECTIVE AS WHEN THEY TRIED IT ON MINE IT TOOK NO FUR (THEY SAID CAUSE THEY WERE SO WELL GROOMED)i have just noticed the capitals sorry I cant see whats being typed and I dont have time to retype it hope thats ok.  Another tip is if you find your girls coat is goining a bit curly at times (my Celines does on her belly) You can always after you have combed out any knots give her a little sprinkling of Johnsons baby powder (minding her face) then throughly brush it out of her coat with a slicker brush. You can even then shake a tiny bit of powder back on her coat and leave it to fall out. You will find this helps to keep her coat lovely. I love Birmans so they in my opinion the most elegant cats.

If you want to know anything else Id be glad to help and id love to see her picture.

Linda

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal