Author Topic: Norton Internet Security  (Read 2201 times)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
Norton Internet Security
« on: December 12, 2004, 17:36:15 »
Does anyone use Norton Internet Security? I am experiencing some problems with broadband regularly disconnecting and am not sure if it's a problem with my modem (which was giving problems recently) or with the Norton software I've recently downloaded.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re:Norton Internet Security
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 08:44:27 »
I can't help much Jess other than to say I have Norton with Broadband and have had no problems, I've no techie knowledge I'm afraid but would think of tackling the modem as a sauce of being the problem.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 12:18:46 »
Jess I have Norton and broadband and find that every time a telephone is returned to its cradle here I get dropped out of the net. Don't know what's going on! I don't know if it's a problem with Norton or not though, wish I could help you out.  :(

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 14:42:44 »
Well I've spent the whole morning trying to figure this out.

Have installed a new modem and software, no change.

Have uninstalled Norton Internet Security, no change. So have reinstalled it again.

Phoned my ISP and they said possibly spyware was causing the problem, spent 20 squid buying a anti-spyware package and yes, it did find a hi-jacker threat (which was overlooked by both Adaware and Spybot) but even after removing that I still have the same problem of the internet connection freaking out every few minutes.

Phoned ISP back again and now they say there's a problem with their server and I should try again tomorrow. Tried to explain that the problem has not been just today but for the past few weeks. They say their problem has only been today but are not prepared to help until tomorrow.

I bet their problem was been for the past few weeks as well but they just don't want to admit it! Perhaps I should try another ISP, how easy is it to switch? I'd have to relocate my website as well which is hassle I don't really have time for.

Grrrrrr, computers!   >:(

flower

• Half Acre
  • loves music almost as much as plants
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 16:21:20 »
 i have 2 norton progs on and im on broadband also and i have no problems at all hope that helps :)
i am an angel really honest  wink wink

ken (69)

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 16:38:17 »
Hi Jesse...if you go to the 'Computeractive' website, and type into their search engine..Norton Security..then ..Forum... you will get loadsa information..unbiased as far as I can guess. Regards Ken

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 17:08:32 »
Thanks everyone. I am fairly confident that the problem is not being caused by NIS because I completely removed the software and the problem remained. I think now it's either a problem with my ISP or some nasty little "bug" that I've got from somewhere. My virus checker and anti-spyware are showing nothing nasty lurking. Is it possible to have a virus even although a system scan is showing that nothing is there?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal