Author Topic: New Allotment opened Today  (Read 3215 times)

b1ackcr0w

• The Art Of Complaint
New Allotment opened Today
« on: July 26, 2010, 21:57:26 »
Weston Super Mare Allotment Club opened a new allotment Today! I was there at 10am and having had my name on the list for a few months, I got my very firs allotment. There's quite a lot of weed growth there but nothing a few spade blisters won't cure. We've basically put in 8 hours today and got a few square yards clear.

Pictures to follow.

The really nice bit is, it seem like everybody who joined today have said they're first time allotment holders like ourselves. So there was quite a lot of camaraderie going on whic was really nice to see. There were also quite a lot of parents taking their kids down which was encouraging.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: New Allotment opened Today
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 22:02:20 »
That's really excellent stuff BC, all the best with it.  And welcome to A4A!
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:36:54 »
Hiya, blackcrow, welcome to the wonderful world of allotments, happy growing  ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:47:40 »
Welcome b1ackcr0w.  We all started together last year it has been great.  Great age range.  Some people had more veg expertise than others but great atmosphere.   

It is so nice to hear of new site opening.  Hope you enjoy your  allotment as much I as do mine. 

Its not too late to get some good crops before the winter sets in.  So don't delay sow today.

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:35:32 »
Welcome, if you love it half as much as i do then you will be hooked for life, there is nothing better than harvesting your own produce, taking it home (if it gets that far) preparing it and then eating. My particularly fussy hubbie, has taken to pulling carrots out of the ground wiping off the dirt, running it under the waterbut tap and then having a munch, french beans & mange tout are lovely if eaten raw as you are picking and do not get me started on the soft fruits, salad veg and tomato's.

I am envious as you get to experience all of this for the first time and there is nothing better than that first bit of fruit and veg you harvest.  ;D

I am sure that if you have any questions, there are loads of knowledgable people who will be able to help you

Kx

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 19:16:09 »
Wecome to the forum and good luck with your new lottie, I've just left a mesage on your other post.      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 19:34:58 »
 :D great news   good luck
i don't belive death is the end

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal