Author Topic: Allotments 4 all meet 2010  (Read 8646 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Allotments 4 all meet 2010
« on: June 28, 2010, 00:09:07 »
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone was interested in another meet this year, looking at the barnsdale photo the other day did bring back a lot of happy memories?

Suggestions from past posts were

- Ken Miur Fruit place
- Jenka herb place
- David Austin Rose Garden

I was just wondering what people though, unfortunately i dont think us all going to visit a certain person in Canada en-mass is a option unless we have a few lottery winners here who can charter a few planes over hehe :)

Cam

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Allotments 4 all meet 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 00:35:07 »
 I  could offer extra sleeping facilities by using  my 2 sofas, a king sized blowup bed ,a recliner chair, and a spare king sized 5 inch thick memory foam slab..now if I pull the other MF slab off my bed and just use the normal mattress I could sleep  10 -20  depending on how friendly you all are. ;D ;D

So let me know when  you all coming and I will bake a pie.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 07:03:48 »
Any bets that it will be a pumpkin pie ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 09:33:40 »
I just googled "jenka herb" and this thread came up at the top of the list!  Even before JH themselves!
The Tuscan Beaneater

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 09:44:42 »
Actually forget the pie, Sex in a Pan would be more appropriate I think, might have  that tomorrow after dinner XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 10:08:22 »
I just googled "jenka herb" and this thread came up at the top of the list!  Even before JH themselves!

If you google "Jekka herb",  however...... ;)

I'd be up for a meet, but have to say im not particularly into roses. Where are the other two? Guess we could do with somewhere fairly central to get the maximum number of people there.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:10:50 by caroline7758 »

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 10:30:26 »
I just googled "jenka herb" and this thread came up at the top of the list!  Even before JH themselves!

If you google "Jekka herb",  however...... ;)

I'd be up for a meet, but have to say im not particularly into roses. Where are the other two? Guess we could do with somewhere fairly central to get the maximum number of people there.

Aha!  Copy & paste is so quick ... ...  ;) ;) ;)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 12:29:10 »
I enjoyed last year at Wisley but neither Ken Muir nor Jekka herbs are very central, though they both look interesting. 

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 12:42:19 »
Jekka herbs is very near me but I thought she only opened to the public on special days!
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Spudbash

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 13:06:42 »
I'd love to meet up, if possible.  :)

How about Ryton Organic Garden, which is in the Midlands and therefore perhaps more accessible for more of us? Or Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire, which has a fabulous kitchen garden that I've never seen and would be free to National Trust members. (Sorry I haven't managed to track down entry fees.)

When are we thinking of? August? September?

Eat out together or bring a picnic of homegrown fare?

:)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 13:20:54 »
I just googled "jenka herb" and this thread came up at the top of the list!  Even before JH themselves!

Oh cool :)

Yes somewhere central might be better :) i will contact Ryton and Clumber park and see what the deal about us all descending :) I guess end Aug if that suits everyone and the place we end up?

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 11:01:51 »
May I suggest Caulke Abbey as well:

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-findaplace/w-calkeabbey/w-calke-photo_gallery.htm     

It has wonderful kitchen gardens, orangery and an auricula theatre. The house itself is also well worth seeing, a bit shabby not your usual pristine NT property.

Also worth visiting, Biddulph Grange.....

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-biddulphgrangegarden
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 23:48:00 »
Hi All,

Had a mini brain wave and having contacted Robert_Brenchley hes invited us to visit his site and his wonderful plot http://thisandthat-robert.blogspot.com/ i am sure like me you have always wanted to visit :)

His sites in birmingham so i hope its central enough for everyone...

We can have a seed swap their and picnic in the orchard :)

Just asked Robert what weekend suits him for opening his private oasis to us and as soon as i have some dates  we can see who wants to visit :)

Hugs

Cam & Harriet

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 23:55:19 »
I used to have a plot on Robert's allotment,I am sure you would find it well worth a vist. :)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 00:39:01 »
Oh pooh this is one time it would be nice to have enough money to just pop over the pond
for a weekend with you all. Please post lots of pictures of yourselves.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 08:25:51 »
Midlands area would be great for me as I've family to stay with  ;D Would love to see Robert's plot, brilliant idea though I suspect all peas would be past it by the time we get there  ::). Also think Ryton is good. Don't care for Caulke.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 08:46:40 »
Oh fabulous , it would be wonderful to meet some of you this year, maybe if one of us wins the lottery we could all go to jeannines!

x sunloving

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 09:09:37 »
Sounds lovely to have a meet up, but not sure I'd be able to this year. I'll keep an eye on the dates.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 19:05:09 »
I'm sure I could fit it in - maybe the 28th? - but I'm not sure what to do if it rains. There's nowhere on site, and while I probably could get a room, it might be a case of having a whipround to pay for it. The easiest thing would be my church, about a mile and a half away. It gets quite a lot of use on Saturdays, but I should be able to squeeze us in somewhere. The nearest pub is one of these places that serves food in minute quantities (three small boiled spuds and a couple of slivers of meat) and charges for a proper meal.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 19:26:42 »
what a great idea, count me in.  Ryton or birmingham would be great.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal