Author Topic: Jarrahdale Winter Squash  (Read 1070 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Jarrahdale Winter Squash
« on: June 25, 2010, 18:31:42 »
I have an extremely strong Jarrahdale squash plant which is throwing out lots of side-shoots but is not showing any female flowers (or buds) at all. The Crown Prince, on the other hand, has an incipient fruit in almost every leaf axil and a Green Hubbard has already set 2 fruit with lots more to come. Maybe Jeannine can tell me if this is normal for the Jarrahdale ( the seeds are from her  :)). Should I remove some of the side shoots - they are already over two feet long?

Tricia

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Jarrahdale Winter Squash
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 18:40:36 »
Hi Tricia, I have no experience about Jarradale behaving any different to any other winter squash, personally I would tend to leave it alone but you must decide about that, it is a vigorous plant but so is Queensland blue,so can't help you with this one, there is always the chance that it is not Jarradale, mistakes can happen..it was not saved seed though. Maybe you are getting something different. I will be interested to watch the progress with you.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: Jarrahdale Winter Squash
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 21:31:07 »
Thanks Jeannine - I'll let it grow but remove some of the side shoots I think!  I'll let you know how it progresses.

Tricia

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal