Author Topic: Why do people like football  (Read 3041 times)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Why do people like football
« on: June 18, 2010, 21:19:52 »
I have got himself sat here swearing at the match on TV and all I can see is a load of people on a pitch kicking a ball from one end to the other...............

WHY?

Modify..........

OMG they are now going to have an inquest on it...........
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 21:21:37 by PurpleHeather »

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Re: Why do people like football
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 21:22:09 »
I don,t know........same reason as why people climb Everest i suppose
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 21:28:45 »
I don't like footie as they never seem to get in to it like they do in Rugby. But for my OHs sake sat and watched the first half. But apparently i am not allowed to make critical comments whilst watching but must silently send postiive thoughts. He didn't even like my rendition of "we'll never walk alone".

I think that says it all - I sing myself hoarse with Swing Low sweet Chariot when the rugbys on. But must add this is in my OHs absence - he doesn't do Rugby.

Where is the spirit!

(Did find the brandy but that was for the post first half recovery period - medicinal you know!)

Whoops he has emerged .......looks like strong spirits are definitely called for.  ::)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 21:32:46 »
I don,t know........same reason as why people climb Everest i suppose

The excuse for that was 'because it's there'.

Not much of a reason for the world cup.

valmarg

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 21:36:41 »
I am not keen on watching sport at all but as there is a rugby fan there. Please can you  tell me why they make a circle and jump on one another like a load of dogs mating?

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 21:41:12 »
Its a traditional male bonding ceremony. As a female fan I just watch ....I know it doesn't make sense but the lads have good thighs  ;D

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 21:53:35 »
I went from Preston to Fleetwood today on the bus.

It was called a cumfy bus. I don't know why,  it was not comfortable at all.

The trams from Blackpool to Fleetwood are still not operating.

I just thought that I would add this to make the subject more interestimg.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 22:05:04 »
Never been on a tram.............

Think I am going to take my cocoa and overindulge now, the supermarket van has just pulled up so thats the shopping done. Looking at my text apparently its Matt in the strawberry van with no substitutes tonight. Highlight

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 23:49:37 »
Do I have the only non sporty husband? Turns  all  sports off.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 06:47:40 »
jeannine he is definatley not the only one i don't watch it either .And from what i have been hearing our football teams matches weren't worth watching anyway. I think we should have more beechgrove gardens on the box. And if Gardeners world don't brush up their act i will switch tht off to.

vjm63

• Quarter Acre
    • Living in Estia
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 07:25:09 »
I think I am the most interested in sport in our house - and it is me and three males!

I do not do football - but know more about it than my teens. I watch rugby, and get bits explained to me (if I'm not careful). I do watch tennis and olympics - and then they complain about me hogging the TV! Oh well.

Suzanne: not sure if  :o or  ;D is suitable...

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 07:35:26 »
Jeannine. My late husband was a non sport guy and so is my son unless he is watching his son motor racing. Fortunately my husband did like watching snooker which is my great love (I used to play when I was in my teens and I watch every match on TV)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 10:10:18 »
My OH is non-sporty- except when England are playing in the world cup! And last night my brother and nephew stayed over so I was forced to watch the match to not be unsociable. All they did was moan all the way through. ::) But then I guess moaning is what the English are best at! ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 10:37:14 »
If we had a World Cup in moaning, my OH would win hands down...... ;D

I have always liked football, I really enjoy watching a good competitive match and will watch any game that bodes to be a goodie, unlike OH who only wants to watch his own team or any national teams that have his team members in!

I find it useful having a bit of footie knowledge at work too believe it or not, helps when looking after women in labour to break the ice with their other halves a bit if they can chat a bit about something other than the impending birth..... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 22:10:55 »
I think I am the most interested in sport in our house - and it is me and three males!

I do not do football - but know more about it than my teens. I watch rugby, and get bits explained to me (if I'm not careful). I do watch tennis and olympics - and then they complain about me hogging the TV! Oh well.

Suzanne: not sure if  :o or  ;D is suitable...
Its definitely  ;D I am not shocked at all, apart from when I watch at match at the grounds then I am awash with  :o and  ;D and sometimes slightly  :-[

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal