Author Topic: Looking for allotment sites in south Hampshire and Machynlleth  (Read 4644 times)

Little Bean

• Not So New ...
  • Too many vegetables, not enough time!
Hello out there

I am an A level photography student and I am doing a project about allotments and the weird and wonderful things people use on their plots.  I am based in Eastleigh in Hampshire and would like to hear from you if you have an allotment in the south Hampshire area and would be willing to have you and/or your plot photographed.
Also, I will be staying near Machynlleth in Wales for a week over Christmas and would like to take photographs of local allotments.  I have emailed the council for a list of site but they have not bothered to reply to me.  

Can anyone out there help?
Thanks in advance  ;)

Little Bean

• Not So New ...
Re:Looking for allotment sites in south Hampshire and Machynlleth
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 23:47:32 »
Thanks for the website Gavin, I'll have a look through and see what I can find!

Little Bean

• Not So New ...
Re:Looking for allotment sites in south Hampshire and Machynlleth
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 22:26:46 »
I've looked on the related links supplied by Gavin for allotment sites and the Southampton Council site has some useful info for local sites.  As well as information I would like to get out and talk to people about what they get up to on their plots, to build up a picture of the allotment community.

I forgot to say in my previous posting that I am an allotment holder myself, hence my interest in photographing allotment people and places. I have a 5 rod plot and am in my second year of growing all of my favourite things.

It is sites in Machynlleth, Dolgellau and Aberystwyth that I would like to know about in the immediate future because I am visiting mid Wales over Christmas and would like to take the opportunity to take photographs in the area.  If anyone out there is near to any of these towns then please post a reply and I will come and photograph you and your plot.  

I am interested in all shapes and sizes of plots as everyone has a story to tell, which is evident from reading all of the posts on this forum.  Actually, if you have a plot which is not in my local area, post something here and I will endeavour to visit  in the future.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal