Author Topic: Naga Jolokia  (Read 2335 times)

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
Naga Jolokia
« on: June 17, 2010, 17:21:24 »
Anyone else growing these?  If so, what will you do with the chillies when they're ripe?  I've got six plants all happily fruiting but am now wondering why I bothered to grow them in the first place because they're just too darn hot!

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: Naga Jolokia
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 17:28:13 »
I'll be giving mine to our Bangladeshi plotholders - they think they are just right!

Have you got a photo of yours?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 17:30:51 »
... ;D ;D..yes grown them..this year I grow naga morich..but same story otherwise..hot, hot, hot.. ;D
If I use them fresh..I cut them in half or quarters and drop them in cupfull of olive oil...then I use the oil for cooking or adding extra heat on food on plate....sparingly.. ;)
Most of them I dry and then they are bit easier to use...just little snip with scissors and into food while cooking..job done...no need for putting heating on for that evening.. ::)

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 22:25:18 »
No Bangladeshi neighbours unfortunately, boo hoo.  Like the chilli oil idea.  Thanks GL.

natedoggridyard

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 23:24:17 »
if you want i can tke the chillis off your hands, i love them

arko

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 13:31:46 »
Hi. There are probably a million and one things to do with your excess chillies. When I have an abundance (which is usually every year) I make Ristras with varieties from different heat levels and give them as gifts. I had a freezer-full last year but the missus accidently thawed them! So, I was straight over to the local Raj restaurant with them and got a free take-away! Now, I give my excess to them at the end-of-season and claim a family meal!  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal