Author Topic: Our little girl is missing  (Read 16543 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Our little girl is missing
« on: June 14, 2010, 22:19:55 »
Our lovely Maggie jumped out of the landrover window while I was helping my friend get her bike out of the back. I can only think she got spooked.

The sad thing is when both dogs are in the back of the landrover you cant see them, and to be honest I didn't do a head count. They have never tried to get out without being told.

So our days since the 2nd June have been taken up putting fliers around most of the county. Ringing vets, microchip place, dog pounds (and going there to check for ourselves) local councils, RSPCA, dog sanctuaries, and basically asking everyone we see. We have just tonight thought to put this info on lost dog websites as we have been quite frantic and it never crossed our minds.

We will keep looking, and we do think someone has taken her in. I hope they give her back.........we miss her so much. Her litter sister has gone off her food and is as distressed as we are. Even the blinking cat misses her :'( 
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: Our little girl is missing
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 22:25:04 »
Aw Star I hope you find her soon x
sanity is overated

bazzysbarn

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 22:27:18 »
Hi Star what type of dog is she and where abouts were you when she went ?

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 22:29:42 »
Star, I am so sorry to hear about your missing dog Maggie; how you must miss her.  

Can you put a photo of her on here, give a description of what she looks like and say where you lost her?  There will be people who visit this forum as members or guests that live in the area and may keep a look out for her.  

I hope she returns soon.  

{{{{hugs}}}}

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 22:30:42 »
People can be very kind looking after a stray until the owner can be found. I hope you find her soon  :)
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 22:38:25 »
oh gosh star thats bad, your the second person whos had this happen to them this month i have heard of. My neighbors greyhound got loose on a walk and they cant find him.

thinking of you ... Hugs

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 22:52:54 »
I thought this was gonna be a real girl missing. ('o')

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 23:09:07 »
We adopted a dog last year and as he was so good and had been well trained we felt sure that some one was missing him. The charity told us that they get hundreds of dogs every year that no one re-claims. Many are good dogs which would have cost a bit to buy so could have been advertised.

At first I searched missing pets, just in case some one had been on holiday and had left it to be looked after and not realised because by law (they told us) a dog who has been in 'care' for a week can be re-homed and once it is, then there is no reversal.  

We have a lovely pet and he seems more than happy. Is microchipped, has details on his collar and hopefully, if something happens we should get him back. Or at worst find out what happened.

A friend lost her dog when she had a motorway accident and the dog was found wandering on the central reservation. They were re-united a couple of days later.

Hope you get yours back but do keep on trying. There are so many different charities who take in 'strays' it is well worth searching the internet . She could have got into a lorry and end up miles away before being found or anything. It is a too scary to think about sometimes.

I would also search the sites that offer dogs for sale. Some one may think that it is a way to make a few bob. Not nice to think of but it could happen.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 00:38:17 »
I do hope you find her star.

My dog ran out of the park and after hours of searching got back to find she had made her own way home.

Was you far from home,chances are she may find her own way back.

Don't give up hope .

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 06:52:14 »
Hi Star, I am so sorry to hear this and it would seem you have done lots to find her,you didn't mention an ad in the paper, sometimes I do know folks wait for that.Keep trying the RSPCA.. even well after the fact.

We took a ragged cat the in 2008 that had been hanging around a long time and phoned the vet among other things, they offered to check it for a microchip and it had one, the owner phoned me later, the cat had been missing a year, obviously it had been taken in by someone and then went astray again . I wouldn't expect it with a dog of course but keep on hammering at the various shelters and the paper.

Kids in the area are a great source of info as well, I would visit on a good day when kids are outside and ask if they have seen a new dog around, some kids especially little ones don't read posters too well, also find out of there are parks nearby were she went missing and go there too, whoever has her might start to walk her.Ask the people you bump into who are walking dogs .

Some Freecycles will post a message but not all.

Be persistant.

I wish with all my heart she is home soon.

Warmest good wishes

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 07:14:02 »
I really hope you are able to give us good news, years ago my ma in laws dog went missing, we never did find her, I know how upset we all were. I am sure you will keep trying and hopefully she will soon be home. Fingers crossed for you.

sweetsaphie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 08:11:50 »
i'm so sorry to hear that, i have 6 dogs and i would be beside myself  if it happened to me .

she will be home soon

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 08:23:14 »
I am so very, very sorry Star to hear about Maggie.

I hope today's the day you get good news and get her back.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 08:50:44 »
I thought this was gonna be a real girl missing. ('o')

Good lord, me too!  My heart leapt into my throat when I saw the thread title!  Then I thought, 'dont be silly sam, if that were the case, she'd hardly have time to post it on here!'

Sorry to hear this Star, it must be so hard.  My boss had her cat go missing a few months back and she still feels so sad about it.  There is always hope and don't you forget that.  I hope today is a good news day :)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 09:18:19 »
I hope that there is a happy ending to this Star.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 10:33:39 »
so sorry and hope you find her soon. we had a cat go missing once and know how it feels . unfortunatly we never found sam  so hope you have more luck
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 12:06:49 »
Star

With three of my own you are living through my worst nightmare.

If you have a mo put details of your dog on the site as there are so many people from so many places looking in here and they would - for sure - keep an eye open for her.

Hope you get her back shortly.

Best wishes

Ann

campanula

• Hectare
  • double digging dudette
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 21:42:01 »
oh you poor thing, I so hope she is found. Lots of hugs, my dear.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 22:59:42 »
I tried to reply earlier today and add a pic of Maggie, it was a long post then found I couldn't add the pic. Photobucket is not the same as it used to be.

I kept trying to add it, then I lost the lot! So fed up in the end I am just closed the puta down.

Anyway I'm back and I would like thank you all for your thoughts and posts. I really appreciate everyone's concern.

The people we have contacted are the RSPCA, councils, dog pounds, dog sanctuaries, police (they dont do lost dogs now), lost and found ads in 3 different papers, Northampton radio, all the vets in the area, the microchip people, posters (we could get prosecuted for littering there are so many) and asking everyone we see in the area she went missing, also internet lost pets websites (D for dogs, Dogs lost and the National missing pets registry) If anyone knows another or more.........that would be great ;)

I still cant add a pic, will someone help me please. I will email it to any person who can put it on here, providing they dont mind. I would be very grateful for any help.

Star xxx
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 11:18:57 »
Poor you.  I would be beside myself if anything happened to my 'girlies'  I started to read this thread and kept hoping the further down I got that there would be a final post from you to say that your dog had been found safe and sound.  Where you very far from home when she went astray?  Best of luck I do hope that she turns up very very soon.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal