Author Topic: What veg you do not eat?  (Read 11248 times)

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
Re: What veg you do not eat?
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 22:31:27 »
Amazed no one has mentioned kohlrabi and turnips. Horrible. And come to think about it don't like chicory either.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 21:44:15 »
This is not really a veg, but We do not like Coriander in any shape or form. Like people say taste buds are a funny thing, some things you like and others you do not.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 21:50:19 »
This is not really a veg, but we do not like Coriander in any shape or form. Like people say taste buds are a funny thing, some things you like and others you do not.

Know what you mean landimad.  Horrid damp soggy rotten cardboard is the best description we can come up with for 'fresh' coriander.  Yeuk.

Don't mind the seeds though.

valmarg

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 21:54:15 »
They always seem to put it in the stir fry mix in the shops.
I am now starting to put my own together which does not have that nasty herb in it.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 22:36:34 »
...don't mind coriander...but sage is nasty one for my taste buds..and as being mixed in sausages...OH NO....I always have to read labels for it.. ::)

sweetsaphie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 17:10:32 »
can't stand aubergine, or lady's fingers.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2010, 13:37:35 »
Oh dear I must be odd, I love celery and even celeriac within moderation. Crunchy raw dipped in creamy sauces and lovely in a milky soup.

The only thing I really don't eat is swede. Vile.

All other vegetables I wolf down. It usually depends on how you cook them though as to whether they are nice or gross. Boiled sprouts are disgusting, lightly steamed or cooked in their own juices in a thingy of butter and they are heavenly.

There are many veg that I don't grow however because I am the only one who eats it.. (like braod beans or kohlrabi, which is actually nice grated in a salad)
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 21:27:40 »
I should have to say the fennel and coriander are my absolute no-nos

Apart from them, my sister always reckoned 'if you trod on my foot, my head would fly open. ;D

Theres not a lot veggie-wise I don't like

valmarg

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 22:07:47 »
The only thing I can think of is chard stalks.......but I love the leaves. And just about everything else.

Oh and I'm not mad on Pink Fir Apples.......very disappointing.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

GodfreyRob

• Acre
  • Good Boy!
    • The VGA Live!
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2010, 22:13:05 »
Which ever way you cook it okra/ladys fingers always have this slimy texture (yuk) - and I can't grow it either - why do I bother ???
Software for Vegetable Growers:
The VGA Live!

happygardner

• Not So New ...
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2010, 11:06:41 »
I just love celery good job we are not all the same I will only eat peas carrots [raw] and sweetcorn I grow a lot  of veg which the OH enjoys [thank goodness] I also dont like toms cue radish will only eat beetroot  if it is pickled WHO SAID I WAS FUSSY!!!!!!!!!
Lorraine           
may all your days be happy ones

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2010, 13:26:36 »
don't bother growing marrow, too watery and never really know what to do with it and disliked the purple podded peas I grew - someone mentioned asparagus pea, that's a real waste of time but otherwise if it is growable and edible I give it a go  ;D

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 13:37:35 »
Oh year..that did remind me..purple podded peas..did grow them once..not nice..well mine were little bitter...nothing like 'normal' coloured peas.. ::)
...so just for fancy colour for pods...I haven't grown them since... ::)

sazhig

• Half Acre
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 21:42:59 »
Can't think of any that I dislike. Vegetables make up a big part of my diet, apart from carb-heavy potatoes and legumes.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2010, 15:31:42 »
Aubergines - nasty soggy texture.   Cooked celery, though I like it raw and love celeriac.   Swedes.    Spinach makes my tongue feel furry but I like the green leaves of Swiss chard which doesn't have that effect on me.  Sprouts are disgusting raw, creamed, steamed, any which way.

Love asparagus but not asparagus peas; artichokes both globe and Jerusalem; cooked beetroots with onions tomaties and cumin (Madhur Jaffrey), baked with garlic and olive oil or horseradish and cream or in soup or chocolate cake but not pickled; cabbage raw and cooked but not sprouts; broccoli, purple sprouting and cauliflower, beans of most descriptions; chicory but not endives, kohlrabi in salads but not cooked; peas: fennel; onions; garlic; carrots, parsnips, pumpkin; toms and chillies; salad leaves and so on.
Obxx - Vendée France

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2010, 15:52:22 »

Apart from them, my sister always reckoned 'if you trod on my foot, my head would fly open. ;

got it! very funny  ;D or as my Mum was called when she was young The Human Dustbin

non-stick

• Half Acre
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2010, 18:17:53 »
Struggling to think of anything I really dislike - I even eat aubergines now.

Can only think of Okra (really yuk) and tarragon.

Falling in love with seasonal veg again though since getting the allotment

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2010, 12:21:34 »
I like purple podded peas, but then we use them all in savoury dishes rather than as a little pile on the side of the plate.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2010, 14:15:18 »
Are purple podded supposed to be a bit bitter..?

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2010, 14:51:05 »
Tinned ones! I hate mushy peas or overcooked peas. Baked beans. Celery I could do without. Salad is dull but fills a gap if its made interesting. Other than that I like everything. Strange how many people seem to dislike coriander, I love it. Aubergines are horrible unless they soak up a sauce. Swedes are lovely, so much nicer than turnips!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 14:54:48 by sawfish »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal