Author Topic: string dispenser  (Read 2488 times)

BAGGY

• Hectare
string dispenser
« on: December 01, 2004, 17:06:49 »
try using an old wet-wipe barrel for that hairy green string.  Poke the middle end through the hole and put the ball inside.  Not only does it stop it tangling you can find it again when you've put it down on the floor.
Get with the beat Baggy

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re:string dispenser
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 19:45:32 »
Nice one Baggy ;D

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re: string dispenser
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 20:25:23 »
An even better (if you dont use baby wipes) one than that is to get an old pop bottle (the smaller ones) and punch a whole in the cap. You can then (if you have PLENTY of time on your hands) thread the ball of string into the bottle or (easier) cut the bottle in half put the ball of string in side and then tape back up (having threaded the end up through the cap hole first  ;) )

The string can then be dispensed as required and you will not either loose the end or get in a tangle.

I should point out that this is not actual my Idea, i saw it some years ago on GW.

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 15:26:50 »
Or ...

you could cut your string into 8" lengths (longer if you feel that way) any bung them into a bag.  (Note: Using a shreder would give approximate lengths (from maybe 2mm to 30yds incl.)) That way you would never fail to be more than a few inches from the end of a length of string no matter what end you grabbed (unless it was ... no don't go there Alan).

-- sorry, but have just got back from the pub after a lunch-time drinking session.  (you should have seen this typing before I revisitied it --- it even made me laugh)

-- How much did I have to drink?
Always look on the bright side of life

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 13:29:25 »
I am going to use an old cottonbuds container & tape the

lid shut (  after putting ball of string inside ;D)

Debs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal