Author Topic: Tristar pumpkin  (Read 902 times)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Tristar pumpkin
« on: May 28, 2010, 16:47:08 »
Hi all, I have been given three Tristar pumpkin plants! Cool! I think they are those grey ones with the odd shapes (look like they have melted in the sun!
I wanted to plant them in among the Cobra beans - will that be OK? I have not been able to do 3 sisters this year as all my corn has failed to germinate. It's a bit of a pain to grow, as I have discovered. 3rd year of trying for about 4 ears of corn all up  :(
Still I want to keep beans and squash together...  Will the Tristar spread out or run off in a straight line?
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Tristar pumpkin
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 19:28:08 »
Tristar AKA Triamble.. will go where you train it, you can direct the growth, 3 plants will take up a lot of room so be careful to keep an eye on it, they have extremely vigorous vines and can grow more than 25 feet ,the straight leader will side shoot ,  8 pounds in weight.Great squash by the way(called pumpkin as it is Australian and as you know all winter squash are so called down under). Feed well if in a smaller space than it should be. Good Luck.

Don't understand your problem with corn, can I help?

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Tatty

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 19:40:43 »
Dont know anything about the pumpkin but on sweetcorn - I had little success with them until I chitted them on kitchen roll instead - put them onto damp kitchen roll and covered with a bag - then waited for little tails to appear and planted those ones up - now have over 30 growing well

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 22:21:02 »
Oops forgot the picture XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal