Author Topic: Trees and overhead power lines  (Read 992 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Trees and overhead power lines
« on: May 23, 2010, 20:05:55 »
Last year I had a visit from someone concerned with a couple of trees on the land next to our house which were touching the overhead power line. I was pleased about this as one of them is also taking most of the light from my greenhouse. I gave them the name and address of the landowner but nothing has been done. How can I find out which utility company is responsible for the line? I don't really want to contact the landowner as we have had disputes with him in the past.

gaz2000

• Half Acre
Re: Trees and overhead power lines
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 20:12:00 »
the neighbour of my workplace decided to grow conifers under the power line,way before i worked there,10 years before maybe?

but one day a member of staff ran up to me saying the lines down.the tree was on fire and the the line was dancing on the floor,right next to our stables.two fire engines,and a hefty fine to the neighbour i believe

sorry about the long story but you should contact the local council for advise,they may know whom is liable for the power line

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 20:15:22 »
Normally the power-line 'pillars' have a contact number attached on some of them..have a little 'walk on the wild side' and see if there is one of those... ;)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 20:19:56 »
Thanks, I hadn't thought about either the concil or the pillars!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 20:26:59 »
I think if you call National Grid they will be able to tell you..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal