Author Topic: Goji Berries  (Read 1191 times)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Goji Berries
« on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:39 »
I bought one last year, it survived the winter and now the gangly branches look like they need cutting back but no one seemed to know for sure what to do with them.

I found this site

http://www.fruitexpert.co.uk/GrowingGojiBerries.html

Which has enlightened me a little and thought some one else who gave into temptation and bought a plant may also like to have a read of it.

Seems I need to wait another year for fruit and they should be pruned back which were my main two questions.

Any one had any fruit from theirs?

amphibian

Re: Goji Berries
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:01:51 »
My goji is a straggly thing, but it fruited last year, in its first year.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 15:24:32 »
My two were enormous last year (second year, planted out in 2008), flowered a bit later in the year, but no fruit to speak of. This year I have cut the gangly branches back rather severely to a shoulder height straggly hedge, plenty of leaves and new growth, but no flowers yet.

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 15:56:47 »
I got one flower from the three bushes I planted last year, but it was late and the wind blew it off. :(
I just let them grow randomly in different directions, this year I will try and train then into a hedge!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 21:17:03 »
2 years ago I did sow some goji seed..germinated well..potted them up..nurtured them a further year...first winter in heated greenhouse...last autunm they were nice 1ft.tall plants..decided to do goji hedge..planted them..this spring they sprouted..I was so relieved that they survived the winter as I was a bit late in autumn when planting them in ground.. ;D ;D..so proud of myself..this afternoon..OH did a bit of strimming in lottie :o :o :o.."they looked like weeds to me" :o :o >:( :'( >:(.."you never told me about them"... :o :o...now...I well remember telling him..many times actually as I was so pleased formyself....AAARRRRHHHHHH!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal