Author Topic: yeah I have a tomato!  (Read 1232 times)

pookienoodle

• Half Acre
yeah I have a tomato!
« on: May 10, 2010, 18:08:10 »
my 3 year old  son inspected the plants in the bay window today only to declare that one of the plants had "grown a balloon"
low and behold my first sungold is here(not grown from seed but rescued from wilkinsons bargain shelf)
son is facinated that it will change colour and be a yellow tomato,its all he talked about in school.

superspud

• Half Acre
Re: yeah I have a tomato!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 20:09:45 »
Bless him !,  Some time back our lad bought a tomatoe plant home from school, he waited patiently for it to grow flowers as he called them that in the end I sellotaped some cherry toms we got from Tescos to the thing, he was amazed the next day and ran round telling all his mates, it backfired though as he came home in tears telling us everyone called him a liar and he was so upset he told me he hated me for the rest of the day, the things we do to please our kids !.
Ignore me I'm having a breakdown.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 00:28:30 »
I have a basic rule of never telling lies to children (well I have Asperger's Syndrome so I'm really bad at lying anyway).... it doesn't make me popular with parents though, I think the biggest shouting at I got was when a seven year old asked me why guns go bang..... I'd explained the process of making gunpowder (propertions of saltpetre to sulphur to charcoal, the mealing process etc)  to my rapt audience and had moved onto cordite and the principles of rifling.... he was genuinley fascinated, from observation I don't think he's been quiet for more than 40 seconds in his life and he'd listened to me for at least half an hour .....

chrisc

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:02:44 »
Oh Chris, I would love to be a fly on the wall the day some kid asks you where babies come from..so much info !! XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 09:01:35 »
 I'd explained the process of making gunpowder (propertions of saltpetre to sulphur to charcoal, the mealing process etc)  to my rapt audience and had moved onto cordite.............

;D ;D

No sign of tomatoes yet but there is an old story about children and information

Child asks how clocks work

1st adult explains about springs and cogs etc

Child is confused so asks 2nd adult.

You put the key in the hole and turn it.

Child is happy.

The moral?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 18:08:32 »
If you're not careful they'll be disappearing you to the back of beyond somewhere for running a terrorist training camp.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal