Author Topic: Honda F400  (Read 4483 times)

mellor

• Quarter Acre
Honda F400
« on: May 10, 2010, 08:37:20 »
Hi All

Bit of advice needed, going to to look at a Honda F400 rotavator this evening, Chap wants £250 for it. It appears clean and tidy apart from normal wear.

Would you say £250 was a fair price and is there anything particular i should be looking at E.g. oil seals etc etc

Cheers

Dale

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Honda F400
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:48:48 »
One really good indicator with hondas are that if they crack on more and less first time...ok..if not something is not right and needs some attention...they are such a good and reliable machines..how old it is...as the price is hmmm...well you can get brand new honda rotavator starting from just over £300...I'm not sure about that model..is that the smallest one? If it is then I would haggle down to £200.. atleast,  if larger one ...fair enough...

mellor

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:05:45 »
Its a fair sized machine, by no means a tiller, think the equivalent nowadays sets you back around £600-800.

I shall make sure it stone cold and see if it fires first time.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 09:19:01 »
Make sure that you can try it in work..as even it it runs and start ok...untill you actually feel it work....I have done it,,didn't try and although it sounded ok..but one's home and put to work didn't have enough go in it anymore to properly turn soil over.. ::)
Belts and other spares you can still buy for it, but it is such a bother to start shopping first before getting it to use that it is worth it to try and if not quite up to job and if you have skill for some maintenance..well lets put it..I would not like to pay extra penny if I have to start messing about with engine..so worth of haggle if not sound... ::)..some basics yeah...with second hand one's I would change oil to start with anyway and give god once over with grease and lubricants..and fresh petrol!!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal