Author Topic: March competition is open (themed)  (Read 3245 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
March competition is open (themed)
« on: March 31, 2010, 15:53:08 »
Hi everyone :)

Ok, as I said at the end of last month's competition, this one will be themed (I know this may go down well with some and not with others but let's give it a go)

As picked by our December winner, the theme for March is SKY.

So, please submit your entries for the month of MARCH to the email address savageblue67@yahoo.co.uk

Closing date for entries will be Friday 9th April (a bit longer this time as we have Easter in between)

One entry per person please.

I look forward to seeing them all, thank you :)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: March competition is open (themed)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 00:07:55 »
Keep the entries coming please :)  Little short so far this month, I'd really like some more so keep looking just in case you have a hidden treasure! :)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:30:34 »
Just a final reminder for your entries by the end of today :)

Thanks to those who answered my call, now we have a competition!! ;D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 16:37:53 »
Does the photo have to be taken in March/April as have none.  Could take a photo of the TV set but expect someone has already done this.  Is it only sky or a view with a bit of sky.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 18:37:43 »
Hi Borlotti, I like your Skybox idea, I hadn't thought of that, LOL. 

Yes for pics taken only in MARCH not April and as the theme suggests, sky should dominate your entry (whatever you perceive sky to be  ;) )

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 20:08:05 »
Ermmmm so you have to find a photo you have already taken? How does that make sense? Surely we should know what the theme is and then go and try and set up the best photo?

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 20:10:55 »
Ermmmm so you have to find a photo you have already taken? How does that make sense? Surely we should know what the theme is and then go and try and set up the best photo?

I agree; I'd prefer to know in advance, and then look around, take a piccie and submit.  I've just recalled a piccie I sent in as it was not took in March - grrr!!!  It would be good to have a month's notice...

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 20:37:21 »

Re: Winner of the January & February competition
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 14:12:37 » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this month's entries harder than ever to choose from!  Usually there's one that stands out to me almost immediately but not this time around.  I liked the style and colouring of Nicks (and I do love snow covered streets at night!) and Borlottis because of the sheer vastness and quietness of it - and also the lovely little glistening flakes of snow in the front corner but in the end I voted for TeeGee's snow drops because they look so crisp and clear and wintry and I also loved how all the detail of the snowflakes can be seen and the melting snow on the flower petals but ... WELL DONE everybody, all entries were fanastic I thought   

And don't forget to snap away during March for the theme of SKY and whatever you perceive that to be 

Well I reaad the above last month so had a month's notice but all I saw were grey skies, so no entry.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 22:57:11 »

I agree; I'd prefer to know in advance, and then look around, take a piccie and submit.  I've just recalled a piccie I sent in as it was not took in March - grrr!!!  It would be good to have a month's notice...

Evening ladies :)

Sorry that you've missed this month's entry.  The comps have always been run this way, with entries coming from the preceding month :)  As Carol says, I gave a almost a whole month's notice for this one, I think unfortunately neither of you were lucky enough to see it :( 

At the beginning of May, entires can be submitted for pics taken during April (but the next comp won't be themed) and I look forward to your entries  :D

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 23:20:50 »
Thanks Sam.  I'll try and take more notice now (in advance) ovre what the topic is...

I now need to find a photo to take in April...

Sparkly

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 16:20:53 »
Thanks Sam. I will enter a photo for April

Sparkly

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 20:59:58 »
Have been taking lots of photos so have a few ones to choose from for the April comp :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal