Author Topic: Collars on cats  (Read 1763 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Collars on cats
« on: May 01, 2010, 21:35:07 »
The terrible twin that I thought was Gabanna is called Malaboo.  He stays home, but did manage to get his red collar caught on a bit of timber in my garden, only found it by chance on the timber and dirty.  Lucky he didn't get strangled.  Told the owner and she was OK about it, after she had said someone had taken it off on purpose.  Not me.  Well Dulcie who won't go home, either sleeps here on the wall or next door is still wearing a blue collar, that is dirty.  I would love to take it off, but it is not my cat, so do I take it off or not.  It has no name tag, but is just a flea collar with a bell and is getting too tight.  She did say she should replace it but the cat won't go to her.  She knows where I live as took the cat back four times when it was a kitten but haven't seen her lately apart from in the back garden when she calls it and it won't go to her.  Can I get accused of stealing her cat or do cats have the right to live wherever.  The cat is never shut in my house as have cat flap for Charlie (my cat).  I have got very fond of Dulcie and kept him in on November 5th so this has been going on since he was a kitten and came in and ripped my bedroom curtains.

Alimo

• Acre
Re: Collars on cats
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 23:13:33 »
I'd be tempted to take the collar off.  If it's old it will have lost all anti-flea potency, and if it's tight it'll be uncomfortable for the cat.

Alison

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Collars on cats
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 23:34:19 »
Take it off!!
I am going to tell you a rabbit story which might make up your mind.

Years ago we got a new neighbour, came froma country where I guess pets are thought of a little differently, anyway he had a rabbit(had no kids) the rabbit lived in a wire frame with no top on the back lawn, he didn't feed it said it ate grass, didn't give it water said their was moisture in the grass, I might add he was an OK neighbour apart from the rabbit, no amount of nice talking would convince him that rabbits in Canada needed shelter, food and drink.. so we decided to do something ourselves..bad but it was for the sake of the rabbit, we went out after midnight, got the rabbit(we already had a home for it) and pushed over the pen thing.  Next day he told us about the rabbit , we crossed fingers behind our backs and told him the coyotes had probebly got it, few days later he got another rabbit..same set up, we only waited a day or two, still puzzled the man couldn't understand it, again we said it would be the coyotes AND they come back to a food source..his rabbit keeping days ended then, he never got another one..extremes yes, but the rabbits couldn't help themselves....

Take off the collar, the cat can't do it itself!! 

XX Jeannine

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 23:36:25 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal