Author Topic: Fruit shopping.  (Read 1103 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Fruit shopping.
« on: April 21, 2010, 20:25:11 »
We went shopping today for daughter no1s fruit for her new allotment. Three apples & 2 pears from Morrison's, £25. Three blueberry, 2 blackcurrant & 2 blackberries, £34 from Morrey's in Kelsall. Ten raspberry canes from B&Q £9 as it's Wednesday. Not a bad days work.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
Re: Fruit shopping.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:30:04 »
You make me green with envy, I could not do this as I would not be able to stop myself. :o :o :o

Got them back now to put some tread on them

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:06:28 »
OH was with there & he stops me ;). I would buy & then wonder where to put it ;D ;D ;D.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:35:08 »
I went to B&Q to fetch few spare wheelbarrow tyres....and they were near the plants........no...no..no...well..I gave up..just had a quick look..and I ended with couple of blueberry bushes ::)...
AND...they were selling tomato and pepper plants with already ripe fruit on them...covered..!And what did I do when I saw them...I spoke to myself ..loud.. :-I almost shouted...."but thats' cheating"..."how much"!..It did turn few heads ;D..lukily they were some older chaps who were only just thinking what I said out loud.. ;D
After that few of us had a good natter over these plants..great fun..allotment meeting with strangers in shop ;D
If I had forked out £6.50 for a small tomato plant, heavy with cherry toms..I could have shown it for few chaps (claimed that I grew it) in our lottie...oh those early birds would have been green with envy... ;D ;D,,,,BUT I SAID NO! to myself..I draw the line.... ;D ::)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:45:35 »
Quite right to. We don't cheat ;D.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:50:52 »
oh no,we don't...but the temptation ::)..little devil in me was stretching mussles ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal