Author Topic: Any ideas Please ??  (Read 2190 times)

GRACELAND

• Hectare
Any ideas Please ??
« on: April 20, 2010, 15:25:46 »
Any ideas Please ??

a pal of ours is applied for a job as care taker at a school

but has to have a police check

Do anyone know how long this takes ??

??????????????????????
i don't belive death is the end

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: Any ideas Please ??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 15:32:02 »
It used to take several weeks a few years back.  I don't know if there have been improvements since then. 

In some circumstances someone can start work without one but has to have supervision whilst waiting for the police check.   

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 15:34:35 »
So far its taken nearly 6 weeks (last time i heard )

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 15:35:34 »
My wife used to work in schools, she had a CRB check done for each of the schools she attended. It takes from two weeks to several months from what she has said. Be patient and it will work out in the end. ;)
Best of luck to your friend.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 19:05:05 »
They have farmed the CRB checks to an agency who makes quite a bit of money out of it. They like to make it look as if they are giving value for money so a 5 minute check on the CRB computer now takes about 6 weeks. Most employers pay for their employees but if you are applying for a job  you might have to pay upfront and get the money refunded if you get the job. A  couple of years time you will need another to keep them up to date. This is a nice cash cow for the agency as anything criminal goes on the record as you get convicted and your employer would be informed if it was serious. So why keep updating it?

steve76

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 19:21:11 »
took mine 3 months :(

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 19:37:33 »
For places like care homes etc it normally takes about 6 weeks but because he is going to be working with children it becomes a more intense search so it takes longer
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 19:40:06 »
ok thanks all just a matter of waiting

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 20:06:44 »
For places like care homes etc it normally takes about 6 weeks but because he is going to be working with children it becomes a more intense search so it takes longer

Not necessarily... I am currently working in early years (under 5's) training and this includes dealing with tinnies
but got one in under a week...
having worked in schools for 25 years already or already holding three and having nothing worse than a speeding ticket may have helped...
or I just got lucky (which is more likely)  :-X

beanqueen

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 20:57:10 »
Mine took about 3 week..volunteering for YOT so full check

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 21:26:39 »
I used to do these for volunteers in our school till last April, the enhanced check which is needed for schools was taking almost 4 months last time I did one. The older one was quicker I am not certain but  I believe it is still attainable but you will need the enhanced one for school..became a must after the two little girls were murdered by a school caretaker id 2000/2001.Cost for enhanced was 35 UK(sorry my laptop doesn't do a pound symbol). I would expect the school to pay for it. I think the  school head can at it's discretion employ while it is being done  but has to ensure that the employee will never be alone with kids..bit difficult for a caretaker who is often there after hours, but he/she might do it.

One bit if advice, do EXACTLY as it says on the form, eg use black ink pen, and make sure you go back 5 years, my husband John applied for one as a school volunteer, and put his previous addresses for five years except 6 days which was at a point when we moved, they sent it back to get it updated with the missing 6 days which was the back end of 5 years,and I have known them sent back for blue ink, not in block capitals etc, so have a spare and be careful, read all the instruction leaflet that comes with it carefully.. the school will have the forms.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 21:46:49 »
Having lived in the same house for 18 years probably helped speed up the process too....  ;)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 07:30:25 »
Some of our student midwives wait over 3 months to get their repeat check when they qualify and can't start work without it...a great frustration to all!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal