Author Topic: Blueberry container  (Read 812 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Blueberry container
« on: April 21, 2010, 14:48:48 »
This year my big mission is been to make blueberry/bilberry/lingonberry container...job is nearly done now...but I have this nagging feeling that I have overlooked  or forgot something...so all your sharp brains...have a look what is missing...hopefully nothing... ::)
Bottom 6" non-alkaline rubble, green mesh, 1/2 metre of mixture of peat,sand, grit, home made compost(made with bracken, pine needles, composted woodchipping,leafmould)and on top 6" I mixed as extra some more composted woodchippings, ericaceous compost, BFB and organicbased ericaceous fertilizer..whoaa...that took about 1300 litres of stuff...
Now it is all watered in (with rain water)and I was going leave it to "mature" or "mellow out" for few weeks before going to do the planting..and I'm going to check the PH in couple of weeks time...just to be sure..
So ..what have I missed..this feeling is killing me ::)

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Re: Blueberry container
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 16:00:12 »
I think i know..................relax and take a few deep breaths ;D, growing should be fun.
You have done a lot more than me, I just dug a hole, added some ericaceous soil and watered in. They look happy enough.

Neil

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Blueberry container
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 17:17:12 »
..deep breath :o... >:(..RELAX!....my wheelbarrow wheel went flat again...otherwise.. ;D..it is fun ;D..I need some challenges otherwise gardening gets a little boring.. ::)
And I really needed to do this....ground is not acid enough for planting straight in...not even with ericaceous compost...
And I did break my back with this so I save some extra worklater on..with my "tub"...I should not need to do any watering at all..well..not after first year...or so.. ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal