Author Topic: self-management conference  (Read 2184 times)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
self-management conference
« on: April 17, 2010, 19:20:26 »
I've been toying with the idea of organising a self-management conference.  What do you think?

I think there are very few allotmenteers in Newbury that really know anything about self-manageent and what it could mean for them as allotmenteers and how their allotmenting lives could be improved by self-management.  It makes it difficult to articulate the argument in favour of self-management when people really have no idea what I'm talking about.

But I'm wondering if a self-management conference could interest others too.  Have you ever heard of such a thing?  I could try and organise something small and invite someone from the NSALG or something like that, but there's a lot of experience out there on self-managed sites that we share on A4A and I wondered if it might be good to organise some kind of grass-roots conference and invite some genuine real-life enthusiasts - you know who you are - to share their experience.

Does anything like this already happen?  What do you think?
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: self-management conference
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 19:48:10 »
sounds like a great idea,do you have an active local branch of the NSALG in newbury,or close by?
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal